Youth theatre/music programs

Hi everyone,

i'm researching to see if there would be an interest in programming for youth theatre and music programs. I was a K-8 music and drama teacher for 20 years as well as have a private music studio teaching voice, acting and piano. I've been curious to know if this would be of interest in Las Terrenas where I am moving in May.  Feedback, questions and inquiries welcome.

@devaneely Do you speak Spanish? If so, that opens up more opportunities!

I would suggest contacting the private schools in town (sorry - I don't know all of them, no school-age kids!) and Caroline LaChance at CrocoNotes music school.

@ddmcghee my Spanish is coming along and I'm hoping will improve when I move. I do speak English, French and Italian fluently though.

and thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into that.

Any opportunity that can be given to the local kids, either free or very nominal fees, is almost always welcome!  I don't think the public schools here in town have a lot of extra-curricular or after-school activities. Many of the kids are pretty much on their own after school, so any structured activities keep them off the street and out of trouble!

Another option would be to connect with Jose Bourget at Biblioteca Anacaona. They were doing some music programs pre-pandemic but I don't think they've started anything back yet.