Childrens party clown

Is there a market for childerns party clowns (not circus clowns) BALLOWN ANIMALS, FACE PAINTING, MAGIC TRICKS , MUSICAL GAMES . IF SO WHAT WOULD BE THE GOING RATE FOR A PAYASO .
HOW WOULD YOU MARKET THE SERVOUS?

Kids parties can be big business but only real money in this is with the wealthy so a small market at best.  No idea on going rate.

I like  that you are coming up with interesting ideas.  sooner or later one of them will be suitable for you & the locals.. a lot of help with  the market research is necessary. keep pluging away at it. have patience, & take the time to learn the ropes. good luck.

i ran a company called best clowns in NY for 15 years only the internet took us down
i also sing and play piano DJ /MC for wedings English and Spanish
i have costume carators like Barney Mickey ,Minny Elmo and fairy princess costumes Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty of course i hire a womwn to were them.
Were can i find a list of the welthy people i know i see lots of private gated homes all over the DR
is ther a fourtune 500 list of some  kind to market to ?
Thanks for youre help

Thanks Gyptsy

also do you know of a list of the fourtune  500 in the DR how can i market to the welthy . I always had in New york my Park avenue clients it seemed they all went to the same partys

Even if there is a list, you have to KNOW these people OR know someone who knows them..getting access takrs YEARS and is not easy.

I fear you are barking  up the wrong tree in the wrong country :(

Bob K

i understand the culture is very different. but if i am freinds with someone ( good freinds) do there contacts become mine? does my freind vouging for me open the door?
what about my freinds good freiends do they count as my freinds

this is not theary its taking time but my freinds are networking for me .
am i on the right track?

the music and entertainmnet business is always the       wrong tree,
its would be ez if i was a plumber .

touché

Bob K

Hahaha as a plumber you would earn like US 20 or US 25 a day in a good situation.

No your "good friend" is probably not connected well either. If he is, then the same rules apply.......They will all look at  you as just another expat trying to make their way here.   They are not going to take you seriously in the beginning and there is almost nothing you can do about that other then put in your time!!!! 

reality is that most expats (not the ones coming to retire)  don't make it here. Either they cannot adapt,  cannot make a living, invest in a badly thought out business or for whatever reason they  don't like it here,  and, they go home!   

Most Dominicans and some expats will not invest in a business like relationship with anyone until the have proven they have what it takes to live here.

from your use of the english language, it makes me question that you were brought up in N.Y. or in the U.S. at all.  you sound more slavic than a new yorker.  what is your background for real ??

His origin really does not matter. He is another one on the road to doom.  Hopefully he won't invest too  much money.

There is the saying that the way to leave the Dominican Republic with a million dollars in your pocket is to arrive with two million and don't stay too long.

Bob K

Bob makes a good point. Until you are actually here and start to investigate the reality of the situation you just will not fully understand.

Be prepared to invest some money for help at times. Be prepared to invest money to be LEGAL, it is getting harder and harder to do anything without being legal.

Keep asking questions, but please listen when we give you advice and ask others not just us.

typos bad spelling and rushing i am NYer

Don't worry as long  as we understand!!!

i came 3 times in 2013 than got an apartment in santiago stayed 4 mo i love it here low cast of living   my pention  goes further my singing is a labor of love  for fun and profit   only reason im in ny is to rap up my afairs as best i can but will maintain residence here as well
i do have influential freinds at high levels they seem egar to help me with my music

They are alwayd eager until they need to do something..... then most of the time nothing happens.  Not always but most of the time.

that i get Manyana manyana. but sometimes maybe
what about the tourest spots in the beach areas do they have a diferent culture? im great for Americans and Europeens

For parties no.

i get it but the tourest resorts problel have more  USA work ethic?

Not necessarily.  Workers are Dominicans for the most part, not Americans or their way of working.

o.k.   believe you.  brooklyn?

YO BA BA

I do not have a good feeling about this venture.

Bob K

what venture theres no venture