5000$ permanent residency vs 9150$ SUACE

Hello everyone i been planning to relocate and start a business in Paraguay (cafe and restaurant) and have some questions hope you can help me to answer it.
It might be many questions but i am very serious about relocating there and need correct information so i don't lose more money thanks in advance
My questions:
1- I would like to start business in Paraguay so i would like to apply for SUACE (i was intending to apply for permanent residency and deposit 5000$ and withdraw it later and then start process of setting business), so will SUACE be best and cheapest option or apply for permanent residency then start business later?

2- I know that i need to bring with me birth certificate and criminal record certificate from my home country so do i have to translate it and notarize it from Paraguayan embassy or can it be translated and notarized while i am in Paraguay and what other documents needed especially proof of 9150$ required to start business
2.1 do i bring full amount in cash with me required to start business or just bank statement proving i have the money? And how many days i would be given to start my business?
2.2 how many years back for criminal record history last 8 years i been living in my home country and before that i was living 5 years in European country so do i need to get criminal records from 2 countries or just from my home country will be enough?

3- What type of visa i will apply for, do i apply for tourist visa then once i arrive to Paraguay i change it to business visa or do i apply to business visa from the beginning? And will embassy refuse to grant me visa if i want to notarize documents that will be used for permanent residency later or an invitation will be required?

4- i never had any Covid vaccination before so is it ok to enter Paraguay without Vaccination, i can do PCR if it is required?

5- i need very trusted lawyer so please recommend me one and send me the full lawyer fees ( very reasonable fees because i found various fees and many scams) and contact details and i am ready to start process immediately before any changes can be applied to the law

Thanks in advance for your help
M
@manofhonor

Hello,

I am a Paraguayan immigration attorney. Please find my answers below:

1- Since you are Egyptian, you are not eligible to apply for your residence permit through SUACE. People from Egypt, Libya, People's Republic of China, Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Lebanon, Iran and India, are not eligible to apply through this method.

2- Your original documents (birth certificate and criminal records) need to be legalized before the Paraguayan embassy. If your documents are issued in Arabic language, then you must have them translated while in Paraguay.

2.1 Please refer to my answer to question 1.
2.2 Just from your country of origin (I'm guessing it's Egypt because of what you stated on your profile).

3- Tourist visa is fine, and the embassy cannot deny the visa because you also need to legalize your birth certificate and criminal records. An invitation letter is required because of your citizenship.

4- Currently, no Covid-19 vaccination certificate is required. Taking a PCR test within 72 hours before arriving should be enough. However, these requirements could change so I recommend that you revise them before your trip.

5- You can contact me via private message if you wish, and I will provide my email address.

Best regards,
Sally
Thanks Sally for your detailed answers, please check your private message

@Sally Romero it is not true that people from those countries cannot apply through SUACE...

@seaseaseaseasea55555 The Ministry of Industry and Commerce does not grant the investors' certificate to people from those countries, which is the document required to apply through SUACE. That has not changed to this date.

@Sally Romero well you're contradicting other lawyers as well as this expat advisor who also posts here:

tucanoprod.com/en/pakistan-citizens-permanent-residency-citizenship-paraguay-pakistan/

Oh the link isn't posting. If you Google 'tucanoprod' (the Hungarian expat advisor who posts here), as well as 'paraguay' and 'pakistan' you'll get the link that is relevant.

@seaseaseaseasea55555 I'm sorry but I have more than 9 years as an immigration practicing attorney in Paraguay. So I trust my experience and my knowledge, can't say the same about others.

@Sally Romero "trust me bro" said an online internet attorney contradicting everyone else and citing zero evidence from the Paraguayan statutes.

Anyway why do you want to work with this Egyptian person if he can't apply through SUACE with a $70,000 investment and can't apply through the normal route either as he can't get a visa?

@seaseaseaseasea55555 Oh I have the resolutions issued both by the Ministry of Industry and the Immigration Office, but they are in paper format because not all Paraguayan authorities upload their resolutions to be available to the public online, you have to go an ask directly and obtain a paper copy.

Just fyi, I don't need YOU to trust me; I trust my experience and my knowledge and I'm in touch directly with the authorities so I stay up to date in all immigration matters. I can't say the same about other "immigration attorneys" that may not even be licensed attorneys.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : Disrespecting members = ban
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Sally Romero

Hi, I was interested to read your comment!

Regarding the invitation letter, are you able to provide it? Because I am planning to go to Paraguay in the next 3 months, but things are complicated by the fact that I am a Chinese citizen.

Here is my contact information if you would like to discuss about it

Looking forward to hear you

thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 6 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct