Permanent Residency lawyer recommendations

Good afternoon,
I am interested in applying for Permanent Residency in Paraguay. 
Can any of you recommend lawyers that they have used?  And prices? 
Also, seems opening a bank account (required for the application) is difficult?  Seems to need to provide proof of local address, etc.  Any recommendations? 
Thanks in advance, sincerely, Alexandre

Yes.
Spite some changes where made, i will sugest you professionals so you can reach out for honorary and clear out your questions.

Thanks for your reply Paulo, which changes were made?  Any recommendation for professional?  Also which banks will easily accept to open a non-resident account to put the solvency amount?

Uster98, as I understand it, the solvency amount must be deposited in the national bank but since that's the legal requirement the bank accepts deposits on your passport alone.

I also understand that the imported cash must be as flawless as possible with no folds, creases, ink marks, etc.  And $20's only.

A major caveat, I haven't done this yet so I could be wrong and welcome any corrections someone who actually has been through it can offer.

Hello, I'm a Paraguayan attorney with a lot of experience with these processes.

The cash deposit to prove economic solvency is made before a state owned bank (Banco Nacional de Fomento) and to do it is only necessary to submit a notarized copy of your passport plus a notarized copy of your criminal records obtained before the Departamento de Identificaciones from the Paraguayan national police. The cash deposit is only temporary and can be withdrawn once the residence permit is issued (please do not believe any attorney that tells you otherwise).

However, there are other methods to prove economic solvency instead of depositing money. For example by submitting an apostilled copy of your university diploma.

My inbox is open in case any of you have further queries regarding the process to obtain Paraguayan documents.

Best regards.

Good Day Sally Romero

I don`t know if you saw my post in (New members of the Paraguay forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021), it`s a bad situation I find myself in. Since then I have been sorting my stuff out. I was wondering once I pay the amount due to immigration how difficult would it be to get a two year stay in Paraguay and do you think I will need the assistance of a lawyer? I have been here for three years and can easily obtain my police clearance by I am having difficulty obtaining two more documents from my country, the consulate here is having difficulties as well...

I didn't see your post, I'm not in the forum too often. You can reach me via inbox to let me know what happened to you and I'll see if there's anything I can do to help.

Hello Alexandre, I have been helped by a manager who is not a lawyer, and in fact it is not necessary. in a month I obtained my permanent residence and I must now travel to process my ID, without which you cannot open a bank account. With the exception of the documents that you must bring from your country, everything else helps the local manager, in particular the issue of local address. Do not hesitate to contact me (I speak poor English) *** / ***. Greetings

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I'm about to travel to PY for the final step with cedula and was going to write details of the process but here is a quick note  from "fresh" boots on the ground for those looking for attorney help. I went with Jeronimo Finestra and it couldn't have gone better.

I originally booked a 10 stay as usually recommended but 3 days later he called me to say "We are finished ... come back in 3 months". His assistant (I don't recall his name) was like a busy bumble-bee. He was fast and zoomed through every line. Picked me up 1st day, 2-3 stops - 1 hour and done. 2nd day 2-3 stops - 30 minutes and done. 3rd day - 15 minutes and done. VERY efficient. I know there was drama on this forum involving a past client of his but I speak strictly from my personal experience and I recommend him fully. I have studied this forum extensively and firmly believe that people who have "issues" are generally the cause of those same issues. I did my research, I took full responsibility and  had all my papers in order. Once I got to PY, it was super fast and easy.

Costs are exact as previously stated on this forum. Half up front, half when I get my cedula. Speaks excellent English.

My next step is to figure out best and least expensive way to take PYG back out and convert to EUR or ??? (open to suggestions). I'll post about that once done in a few weeks. If anyone has ideas about that, please reply to my post here:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=964675

Hi Sally this is Mike from South Africa. Do help with immigration from South Africa to Paraguay?

@Sally Romero

Dear Sally, I hope you are well.

I am reading about Paraguay permanent residency on the Expat.com blog.

Permanent Residency for me and my 3 year old son in Paraguay.

I am currently in Bogota and sometimes Panama half the month where I live with my 3 year old son.
I am 48 years of age (Australian Citizen, Colombian and Panamanian Permanent Resident). I am PhD qualified. My son is (Australian and Colombian Citizen and Panamanian Permanent Resident). We speak English and 50% Spanish. We live in Bogota and Panama.
I just found out that Panama is a blacklisted country for DIAN (Colombian tax authorities) and even if I am more than 183 days in Panama I would be classed as a Colombian tax resident.
In recent years I have been a Tax Resident of Colombia.
I left Australia in June 2015.
I am not sure whether Paraguay is also blacklisted country of Colombia DIAN tax? Can you inform me?
What is the quickest way to get permanent residency?
Also, I have read that Paraguay has 120 days in country to achieve tax residency.
Even if I do not achieve my Paraguay permanent residency and it might take a few months... if I am physically in Paraguay as a non permanent resident... would that time in paraguay count towards my tax residency there?
OR they do not really pay attention to such fine details in Paraguay?
If we do not visit for 3 years once we have permanent residency does Paraguay cancel our status? Or are they quite lose on that issue? They are forgiving or it is just a policy in words and is not practiced?
What are the current wait times for processing permanent residency applications? I think we have to come to Paraguay twice? Is that right?
AND then how long does it take to get the ID cards?
Roughly for start to finish how long will it take. CARD in hand?
What are your fees (me and son)? what are the benefits ... quicker to get meeting time? Do you have actual physical connections in Paraguay? Are there Bogota or Panama office staff that can assist or pre-check paperwork?
Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,
Bradley Wilson.
Hi Bradley,

Welcome to expat.com 1f603.svg

I can see that you have a lot of questions about moving to Paraguay! However, we would ask you to post one question at a time on the Paraguay Forum : it would be easier for the other members to answer. Of course, you can post other questions later.

You could also have a look at the previous threads to make sure your topics were not already covered.

Best of luck

Vero
Expat.com team

@Sally Romero 

Dear Sally,

I hope that you solved your problem. If not, You should know that Paraguay is a really free country not bothered by tax government control particularly for income coming from outside of Paraguay.

It is may be a little unplesant to remain you that World War III has already started, still on a low intensity, but increasing its danger a little bit more every day as you can see if you carefully watch the world news. 

It means that Panama and its channel  is a future potentially dangerous world strategic place already partially owned by the Chinese.

Colombia is close to Panama.

Paraguay is one of the strategically safest country in the world.  This have to be taken into account and for your safety  is more important than the tax problem.

Permanent Residency card :
You can get your demand filled up in about 3 days on a fast track basis. Then  you may have to wait for about 3 months for getting your Paraguay Residency card. 

Then you can apply for your Paraguay ID Card: It takes about 2 days to fill up your demand.
Your card is delivered within 40 days.

As for your tax residency here in Paraguay, dont worry at all, they do not really pay attention to such fine details.

If you want more details, you can contact me.

Best regards,

Jean

jean  [link moderated]

@lizzaritimonohi2

Can we connect and talk about your permanent residency process? Thanks Brad.
@Vero

Sure.. I just saw everything is in the feed. I thought they were individual messages ... sorry. B