Looking to buy a house somewhere between Bao Loc and Da Lat

Hello everyone, My name is Barry. I am looking to buy a house somewhere between Bao Loc and Da Lat within the next two years. My wife is a Vietnamese citizen and most of her family is still there. We have decided to live in the US for work purposes and retire to VN. We want buy a house as soon as we can financially. We want to have our own place when we visit. I will take a look around and I'm sure I'll be asking some questions. So far I'm not happy with the vehicle import laws, even though it is what I expected.

Hi Unclebarry,

Welcome to expat.com!

Please note that your post has been moved to create a new discussion on the Vietnam Forum.

You can check out the Housing in Vietnam section. You might find what you are looking for there or post an advert.

Vero
Expat.com team
@Vero

Thanks, I just stopped in to say hi and to introduce myself. I have in-laws in the area that has offered both property to build a house on or to help us find a house. My wife and I both love Da Lat and the surrounding area. We are not planning to move there for awhile but want to get something now while we can still afford it. And to have a place of our own while we visit.
@Vero

Thanks, I just stopped in to say hi and to introduce myself. I have in-laws in the area that has offered both property to build a house on or to help us find a house. My wife and I both love Da Lat and the surrounding area. We are not planning to move there for awhile but want to get something now while we can still afford it. And to have a place of our own while we visit.
- @UNCLEBARRY

Great idea,  We love Dat Lat too. however our experience has shown it not to be a clean cut experience, no escrow service here in VN. Where family can help you wonderful. If not for the strong intelligence, and strong will  to get it right of my wife, ... we would be floundering in the morass of less than scrupulous sellers.   

MAc
@UNCLEBARRY
Bao Loc! I can honestly say that Bao Loc is one of my favourite places in all of VN.
Beautiful climate, fair size city with all amenities, no flooding of the streets even after heavy rains, and very friendly people.

Good luck to you and your wife, Barry. Your plans sound great!
@UNCLEBARRY
You better move fast then, Bao Loc & area around is a property & land hot spot since the new highway was anounced. About 6 months back I looked at a basic plot in a new development 4 billion just for the land!!
@goodolboy
WOW!
@goodolboy
WOW!
- @Aidan in HCMC

• Needless to say I did not buy it, (I had to be treated for shock)  but a lady who used to be a regular poster on here, her nephew did!! & unless you are a multi millionaire forget Da Lat !  Last year I saw a 4 bed villa 2km outside the city advertised for 25 billion.
@UNCLEBARRY

Hello, I live in Bao Loc and yes land is getting really expensive unless you want a place outside the city. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
@UNCLEBARRY

Hello, I live in Bao Loc and yes land is getting really expensive unless you want a place outside the city. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.
- @Vmex

Yes, outside the city. my brother-in-law just bought pretty much a standard  lot for = 35kUSD.
But where inside, in Dat Lat, Bao Loc where a pizza, when available costs more than in HCMC, it is way too touristy, but for those only.

MAc

Hello, I just sent you a contact request to follow up on your search for a house near Da Lat. I currently live in one with my Vietnamese wife 3Okm from Da Lat. Hope we can discuss further. Tks