Rent a hotel or guest house in Zanzibar

After my visit to Zanzibar my wife and me we fell in love with this heaven.

I had a discussion with the owner of the hotel we stayed at, and I understand that its a very promising business destination.

I would like to ask about:

- how to find small to medium size hotel of 12 to 16 rooms for rent.

-what is the average monthly rent for such property.

-what are the procedures to set such business for foreigners.

- should i contact real state companies, lowyers, if yes, any suggestion for trustful companies,  PM please for recommendation.

Or should I come again by myself and start searching for closed or abandoned than contact their owners.

Thank you in advance for the advice.
@mehdi mghaieth Absolutely get a trustworthy lawyer to help you do anything BEFORE you do it. If you would like a recommendation, let me know.

I can send you the name of the group later (I have to find it and a link) where Zanzibar hotel owners looking for a change will post their hotels for rent or for sale. You can directly see what's available and contact the owner directly. It's not often, but it's enough that it won't be difficult for you and your wife to complete your dream.

You will most likely need a business visa to takeover the hotel. But, it can be done and it shouldn't be too difficult if you meet the requirements. A good lawyer can help you with this part too.
I just read your message again, so I will DM you the lawyer recommendation too.

@friendlytaxizanzibar thank you alot for your reply, please share with me the group name and lawyer in PM to not breach the forum policy.. thank you again

@friendlytaxizanzibar whatsap me ***

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Do not share your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Unsafe to post any contact details here. Use the message system to exchange.

@friendlytaxizanzibar dear friend, could you share with me a lowyer name and the group , please

I can highly recommend a Land lawyer in Zanzibar, he is very good and very trustworthy. His name is Mrisho Karume who is Zanzibar Attorneys.
You can say Miriam has recommended you
I can highly recommend a Land lawyer in Zanzibar, he is very good and very trustworthy. His name is Mrisho Karume who is Zanzibar Attorneys. Tel ***
You can say Miriam has recommended you , you can Whattsapp him.
- @miriam mitropoulos
Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the open forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system of the website. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct