Lonely Newbie Looking for Friends

Hi everyone,

I just arrived in Basel 3 days ago, well, just over the border in Saint-Louis to be precise. We have moved here because of my husband's job, he works in aviation. Anyway, I would love to meet other English-speaking expats who might be in a similar situation to myself, to meet up for a coffee and a chat, especially if you live in Saint-Louis :-)

It's been a long time since I lived abroad, I lived in Toulouse for almost 2 years where I made friends and got settled but then we moved back home to the UK for two years after that and so now this all seems very alien to me again!

It would be great to hear from you :-)

Hayley

Hello Mrs_G and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.:)

Dear Mrs-G,This is Cassie from China.Wish you could be enjoy your life and make more friends in a new situation.i am a easygoing and outgoing girl and i would like to make friend with you.

Hi, Wellcome to Basel,
Hope you found some nice company close to where you live. I live close to Spalentor, feel free to mail me if you like. Have a nice time, -Uda.

[Moderated: No free ad here]

Hello,

I would love to meet up at some point as I think we may share some things in common (I am moving from paris to nearby huningue 10min from St Louis). As I am new myself to the area I would love to get your perspective as a fellow anglophone in the region. (I am from the USA west coast la/Seattle, and will be working in Basel). Hope to hear from you soon! Best

Janis
[email protected]

Hi Janis,

I've only just read your message, 5 months late, sorry! As it happens Basel didn't work out and we moved back to UK in Sept 2011. We then moved back to Toulouse in August earlier this year where we are staying for the next 2 years. Hope you have managed to make some friends and settle in okay in Basel. Huningue is a nice area to live, pretty village and also close for getting into town (if my memory serves me correctly). Hope it's going well for you there.

Hayley xx

For anyone wanting to make contact to a large community of English speakers in Basel I would recommend contacting the following non-profit organization...

Centrepoint at the Lohnhof near to the City Center of Basel. Google it!