New Paraguay permanent residency requirements?

Hi everyone, hope you are all well!

I'm writing on here because I am a little confused and frustrated. I am currently getting ready to go to Paraguay to file my residency application, however due to personal circumstances I may need to wait a little longer and get a new police report before doing so.

However I have had a lot of issues with getting in touch with various immigration lawyers to help me get through the process. The first one didn't respond for a while, the second one sounded like he just wants me to pay him forever, and the current one (that seems the most helpful and legit) is telling me that they now have plans to update the permanent residency law, which makes it harder to obtain permanent residency (it basically means you have to get temporary residency and wait for 2 years whilst also falling under a certain category).

Apparently the bill (which I will link below) has already been approved in the lower house and is waiting for approval in the upper house (I don't recall the exact name as I'm unfamiliar with PY politics) and it is expected to be approved sometime before October.

Can someone please tell me what is going on and who is right? Or is the current firm I'm talking to trying to rush me into using his service and make a sale? Or maybe scam me?

I hope someone can make this clear as I have spoken to several services and they all give conflicting information, it's highly confusing.

Here's the link to the new law in a PDF: http://silpy.congreso.gov.py/descarga/e … te-143808 

Thanks!

@yourtee1  man this qwery is not for this  forum

@yourtee1

Hello, I am an Argentine lawyer recently settled in Paraguay, I already have my permanent residence permit and my identity card (I can send you photos), both my wife and myself.
I have worked with a manager who personally took care of accompanying me at every step and now, together, we are doing it for other Argentines, taking care of the immigration process and other aspects of international moving (rent or purchase of housing, etc) you can contact me****** (I don't speak fluent English)

Luis Arellano
Moderated by Djameel last year
Reason : Please do not share contact details or recommendations on the open forums.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@yourtee1 you can see the requirements as of today and that problem is not noticed:
@yourtee1 

Do not worry about that since it takes months to implement any new law.

The best is for you to come to Paraguay as soon as possible.  This will solve your problem.

Contact me on my private box if you want more useful details.

Jean
@yourtee1 and to everybody

Hi!

Have you found anything out already about what you wrote in may? I tried to google the new law. So far I haven't found anything. 

Maybe somebody else can clarify this? For people wanting to obtain residence in Paraguay anytime soon,  this is of significant importance.

@Robin de Jong here is a link with the current status of the bill:  http://silpy.congreso.gov.py/expediente/124652

I have been messaging a bunch of lawyers trying to get an idea about when the law will be approved but none of them have a clue, I'd really like to know because I want to go in the new year due to family commitments but it could mean it's harder if the new law is passed by then.

I understand your frustration and I wish I had some clear answers for you. It will be interesting to see what others have to say on the topic!