Looking for a job in Brazil

Hi good day,I heard many good about working in Brazil.May I know is there any job there in Brazil for Filipina like me ? I have a work experience in being a service crew or waitress,Sales Lady, cashier,call center agent and customer service representative.How I wish I can get a response.Thank you.
Welcome,
In order to work in Brazil, you need a company sponsor that would apply with the Brazilian Ministry of Labour and Employment on your behalf. Brazil is a "Brazilian First" country and the company must prove that there is no a Brazilian that can for the job,
-or-
You would need to be a permanent visa holder in Brazil.
Both require a lengthy process to apply and be granted.
You can not work on a tourist visa. Remember Portuguese is the country language and you should be fluent.
Hi good day,I heard many good about working in Brazil.May I know is there any job there in Brazil for Filipina like me ? I have a work experience in being a service crew or waitress,Sales Lady, cashier,call center agent and customer service representative.How I wish I can get a response.Thank you.
- @mhaimadrigal23
I doubt you can find a job as a waitress or any job in hospitality industry in Brazil unless you have proper documents such as a work permit.
Yea even if you had the proper documents. Texan is right, Brazilians first.
The Cruise Shipping Industry is due to a rebound.  Get a job with an American Operator.  They do hire a lot of Philipinos and Eastern Europeans for the crew. 

Norwegian Cruises, and others.   

Out here, with that experience, you are mostly bound to find employment in the informal economy, under the table, or with the Food and Hospitality Business.  Not very pay rewarding. 
First of all, please forget about the option that your job will sponsor your residence. They want. even international big companies have no idea how to do it.
Second, getting permanent residence is easy if you have all the documents ready, apostilled and translated , for ex I got CRNM number  in 1 day.

Do you see anything close for your situation? Study all those options and see is there at least one where you have all ready for? Maybe not even you but your partner or kid and then you can reunificaste with them, but at least 1 person of your family must have all ready for at least 1 options of those listed.
And even after all you will receive very low salary like 200$. Singapore is better and also near to you
Concerning this I don't know. I know lady  she is 80 she works half day in cleaning organizing houses, helping all around  and she gains 6000 (1500 Us?) per month. If she would start working full day will she get 12 000- I don't know.
04/21/22  Concerning this I don't know. I know lady  she is 80 she works half day in cleaning organizing houses, helping all around  and she gains 6000 (1500 Us?) per month. If she would start working full day will she get 12 000- I don't know.
- @Pukapi
If she has a business organizing houses, not just cleaning them, R$6000 may be possible, at least in a good month.

NO recently arrived immigrant, particularly an illegal one, who is not fluent in Portuguese and deeply versed in Brazilian culture, has any hope of setting up a successful business of that kind for an income like that.  It's irresponsible to suggest otherwise.
if its business it's 1man business,  she is the lady who works with her own hands at houses of other people. she is not irregular. I don't think she has bad months whatever happens people need those tasks to be done.

@Pukapi kindly check your local market, minimum salary for Brazilian people is around R$1100. I have a friend who has a mini mart and he has hired people for this amount and all of them are happy. We are here to tell facts and not to spread rumors. Thanks

@Pukapi kindly check your local market, minimum salary for Brazilian people is around R$1100. I have a friend who has a mini mart and he has hired people for this amount and all of them are happy. We are here to tell facts and not to spread rumors. Thanks

- @MHSPCZONE
You are correct. Not sure what the other guy is saying. Even on his other forum posts he generates a lot of nonsense.

Almost all personal service jobs are the equivilant of employers paying the set bar of one minimal salary,  even jobs in informatic here have a per month cap salary.

Only time that there would be a price of 1500 usd in brazil for "cleaning" would be something you want no part of because most likely its illegal.
You are correct. Not sure what the other guy is saying. Even on his other forum posts he generates a lot of nonsense.

Almost all personal service jobs are the equivilant of employers paying the set bar of one minimal salary,  even jobs in informatic here have a per month cap salary.

Only time that there would be a price of 1500 usd in brazil for "cleaning" would be something you want no part of because most likely its illegal.
- @Mikeflanagan
---
For comparison, we have a cleaning service and a gardener, twice a month for a place in Sao Sebastiao, SP state. The person cleaning is there for 6-8 hours and the woman is only paid R$160. for the day, the gardener is paid R$180. for his day, again, about 6-8 hours.
Yes, in SP state we pay 180 Real per day for housekeeper.  That is about $37 per day. $185 per week.  I can not imagine an 80 year old making $1600 per months working 4 hour days.  Maybe R1600?  Wages are very low here.
Good afternoon,

Yes! That is correct. I have been living here for over 10 years and wages are very low in Brazil in general. That is especially true now with inflation the highest it has ever been in over 20 years. It is not the best time to come and live in Brazil right now unless you have a lot of money to invest or survive on.

Devorah
languages4brazilians
Ok, maybe an 80-year-old can do it if she is a citizen. Does she drive? I would not trust a person I did not know to work in my home.
This does not make sense.
If an immigrant with a work permit, many of the immigrants lost their jobs in SP during Covid and were deported back to PY. PF shipped them here to Foz via buses just to find the PY/BR border closed. For 3 weeks they had to stay on the bridge! Rain and cold!!
We have a housekeeper under contract. This means we pay each year into her BR retirement system. She is under a 7-day-a-week contract but rarely works on weekends. The law requires a certain increase in pay every "x" years (Have not figured out this system and many others 1f644.svg)

Even with retirement, she does not make $R 1.600 a month.
The Government makes certain we (she and us) meet the working regulations.
04/26/22  Our situation is similar to all the realistic ones that other posters have discussed. 

We pay someone R$250 every other week to come in and give the apartment a cleaning, which generally takes from five to six hours.  The only reason that we pay that much is because, through one of those odd family-but-not-family relationships that Brazilians understand but have trouble explaining to outsiders, she's sort of a cousin of my husband's.

If she added enough clients to do that five days a week, that would come to four salários mínimos a month -- not a bad income here in Manaus, but still only around USD$1000.
I see quite a few posts on this forum about foreigners seeking work in Brazil. Just ask yourself an honest question; "Why would an employer hire someone from another country, when there are so many unemployed there already"?  I read an article yesterday that said unemployment in Brazil stands at 11.1% in March 2022 and reaches 11.9 million people. It also mentioned that unemployment in Brazil is expected to be 9th highest in the world in 2022.

What TexanBrazil and abthree told you is 100% correct. If you aren't there legally, can't read and write Portuguese, and don't have any connections, your chances of finding any real employment is about zero.
If someone tells you different they aren't being truthful, and might be trying to take advantage of you.
Please be careful.
Ive been here in Brazil since 2003 and luckily was able to secure a full time job through family connections. However, the company I work for are in crisis due to a lack of orders from Petrobras. In 2016 I was made redundant but asked to return 8 months later on a freelance contract. I'm still working but only just! I have tried in vain to find other better paid work but it's just not happening. And my savings are now zero and I am still not in receipt of my pension yet. (63 years old). To find work here is a nightmare at best and if you do find something, it's likely to be very low paid . When I was working full time we were doing ok but now I am broke. My advice to anyone coming to Brazil and needing to work is simply dont waste your time. I am only here because of my wife who is not in good health. If you have good savings and in receipt of a pension perhaps. But otherwise forget it.
In short, if you are lucky enough to have a good set up financially maybe Brazil can be a good country to live in. But if you are not set up with regular work and or savings, it is a nightmare. Unfortunately, I am trapped here and am really struggling to make ends meet. And i am a qualified professional who is fluent in Brazillian Portuguese.
@mikrligia

Thank you for your truthful reply. I think a lot of young people visit Brazil or see some videos and think they can just arrive one day and have a job the next. They don't take the time to do any research about the economic situation or even about the culture. Life in another country is most often difficult. Especially if you don't already have the financial means to take care of yourself while you become acclimated.

@KenAquarius Yes, absolutely. If there is any advice that I can help you with regarding Brazil, it would be a pleasure. God Bless.

05/02/22  Unfortunately, mikrligia's story is not unusual.  I've known several well-qualified expats who were crammed down pretty quickly into the local salary levels, and couldn't find a way to get back.  When I became a permanent resident I got a Labor Card, thinking that I might want to work at least part-time.  I abandoned that idea quickly when I saw that I couldn't earn enough to compensate me for what I thought my time and expertise were worth, and as a retiree, I was lucky enough to have a choice.  So now I give it away here for free. 🤣

Getting degrees and professional qualifications recognized in Brazil is an exhausting obstacle course; I looked into that, too, and desisted.  A close friend of mine, an expert in international development with a PhD from a European university, pursued it hard, because she lives here and really wanted to contribute to Brazil, as both a teacher and a development expert.  She gave it up when she realized that the academics validating her degrees weren't just verifying that she actually had completed the requirements of her university:  they were presuming to judge the validity of her underlying academic work.  She halted the process when they demanded that she have her doctoral dissertation translated into Portuguese at her own expense.  She still lives in Brazil, and still does international development work -- in other countries. They get the benefit rather than Brazil.
@abthree

This forum is fortunate to have you. Your answers are always informative and very thorough.

When l finally retire the last thing on my mind is work. I have had about 45 years of it and l think that's enough.
@devorahmichaela

Hello and thank you for your offer. I am by no means an expert on Brazil, and have much to learn. However l have been traveling there since 2003 and married to a Carioca for 14 years. So l do have a pretty good idea about life in Brazil. My wife and l plan on retiring there in the very near future. That's why l come here from time to time, and I always learn something. All the best to you and your family!