Degree recognition for Blue Card Application

Hi everyone,

I am in the process for applying for Blue Card in Germany. For that, I know that I need my degree to be recognized by Germany. 

My University in Singapore can be found in Anabin and listed as H+. 

Now the problem is with the degree. My degree is Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering. 

In Anabin, I can find (from Singapore) Bachelor of Engineering, but the specific type of Mechanical Engineering cannot be found. (instead, there is only Electrical Engineering). 

In this case, do I still need to apply for Statement of Comparability from ZAB?

Thank you in advance!

I doubt that anyone here would know the answer to such a specific question. Why don't you ask Anabin/ZAB?

Maybe to rephrase the question, when we look for our degree in Anabin, should we look for degree type (e.g. Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, etc.), or the specific degree (Mech , Eletrical, etc.)?
I asked ZAB and they said that it depends on the immigration authority. I asked Berlin office but they said they do not require degree recognition (although it's actually necessary for the Blue Card application). 

However, I call the German Embassy, and they confirm that the degree type (Bachelor of Engineering) is enough, even though the specific degree is not listed. I also found this guide: 

[link moderated]#:~:text=Generally%2C%20you%20require%20a%203,to%20be%20recognised%20in%20Germany

"We contacted the Central Office for Foreign Education (ZAB) who confirmed that providing proof from Anabin that your institution (Institution) and degree type (Abschlusstyp) is recognised in Germany is sufficient proof in almost all cases when applying for visas."

It seems that it depends on the immigration officer though; if they are strict they may request the specific degree. This is especially true when the university is only listed as H+/-. 

It seems that it depends on the immigration officer though; if they are strict they may request the specific degree. This is especially true when the university is only listed as H+/-.

- @tarsle14
Well, then it seems you better ask the specific immigration officer what he/she requires. I don't think you can reasonably expect us here to know that!
@tarsle14
I got a blue card in 2018 without having my degree certificates recognised. It depends from state to state n if your state doesn't need it. You are good to go! I know many people who didn't need recognition of degree certificates for blue card

@Teima Thank you for your reply! I have gone to the embassy for the application. She did check the anabin database, but for her the recognition of degree type is sufficient (not the specific degree).