Brazil changed air travel covid rules

As of April 1, a covid test and the web-based Traveler's Health Declaration form (generating a QR code) are no longer required. Vaccination continues to be required.

I'm traveling tomorrow to Curitiba, and I was in a panic that the Traveler's Health Declaration website no longer exists. Then I found the statement from the Brazilian health authority and got it translated.

So I wasted time and money this morning getting a covid test. My airline recently gave me the wrong information and failed to correct it.

As of April 1, a covid test and the web-based Traveler's Health Declaration form (generating a QR code) are no longer required. Vaccination continues to be required.

I'm traveling tomorrow to Curitiba, and I was in a panic ... - @Getting on

___

Great news though for the rest of us.  May I ask you what your source of information is? Thanks for posting, I leave for Brazil again this week. The Brazilian Government sites have not changed ur updated that I can find, [link under review]

___

I just now telephone called Air Canada, 888-247-2262, Delta Airlines, 800-221-1212, and the customer service number for GRU, (11) 2445-2945  All say nothing for Covid testing has changed, Covid testing is still required.  I truly hope it all does, soon

_____  

This must all be very new, news. The Air Canada website just updated. It seems Covid testing to enter Brazil by air is now gone!  Hi hip HORRAY!!!!!! Their webpage  now reads 

"Fully vaccinated travelers are not required to present proof of negative COVID-19 test results before traveling to Brazil."

In addition, they are citing "PORTARIA INTERMINISTERIAL Nº 670, DE 1º DE ABRIL DE 2022", https://www.in.gov.br/en/web/dou/-/portaria-interministerial-n-670-de-1-de-abril-de-2022-390351794

CHAPTER II

AIR TRANSPORT

Art. 3 The entry into the country, by air, of the traveler of international origin, Brazilian or foreign, is authorized, provided that, before boarding, proof of vaccination, printed or electronically, is presented to the airline responsible for the flight, in accordance with the terms of art. 14.

Art. 4 The requirement to present proof of vaccination referred to in art. 3 does not apply:

I - to the traveler with a health condition that contraindicates vaccination, as long as it is attested by a medical report;

II - those ineligible for vaccination according to age, according to criteria defined by the Ministry of Health in the National Plan for the Operationalization of Vaccination against Sars-Cov-2 (covid-19) and published on the Ministry of Health's website;

III - the entry of a traveler into the country due to humanitarian issues, pursuant to art. 19;

IV - those from countries with low vaccination coverage, as disclosed by the Ministry of Health on its website; and

V - Brazilians and foreigners residing in Brazilian territory who are not fully vaccinated.

Art. 5th The travelers referred to in art. 4, they must present to the airline responsible for the flight, before boarding, the document proving the performance of a test to screen for infection by Sars-Cov-2 (covid-19), with a negative or non-detectable result, such as an antigen test or RT-PCR laboratory performed the day before the moment of boarding, observing the parameters indicated in Annex I of this Ordinance.

§ 1 - In the event of a flight with connections or stopovers in which the traveler remains in a restricted area of ​​the airport, the deadlines referred to in the caput will be considered in relation to boarding on the first leg of the trip.

§ 2 In the event of a flight with connections or stopovers in which the traveler does not remain in a restricted area of ​​the airport, and/or performs migration, and that exceeds one day since the RT-PCR antigen or laboratory test, a document must be required proof of the performance of a new test, RT-PCR or antigen, with a negative or non-detectable result for the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (covid-19) at check-in for boarding to the Federative Republic of Brazil.

Art. 6th Aircraft crew members shall present proof of vaccination, printed or electronically, pursuant to art. 14.

§ 1 The crew of aircraft not vaccinated or not fully vaccinated shall comply with the protocol contained in Annex II of this Ordinance.

§ 2 Aircraft crew members are exempt from presenting a document proving the performance of a test to screen for infection by the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (covid-19).

According to this site, it's true. They do still list the health declaration as a requirement, but no more tests required for vaccinated passengers:) 

According to this site, it's true. They do still list the health declaration as a requirement, but no more tests required for vaccinated passengers:) 

___
According to both the Miami Brazilian Consulate and referencing Ordinance 670, 1 April 2022,  No more Vaccination requirements for Brazilian Nationals and Permanent Residents, no more pre-entry covid testing unless you have not been vaccinated, and no more Health Declarations! Hip hip HORRAY!!!! 

Travel to Brazil

Foreigners are authorized to travel to Brazil by air, as long as they comply with the migratory requirements appropriate to their condition, including having an entry visa, when applicable. 

• The requirement for a negative Covid-19 test before boarding for vaccinated persons is waived;
  • Quarantine for the unvaccinated is waived;
  • Traveler's Health Declaration (DSV) is no longer mandatory. 
  • The requirement for a Covid-19 vaccination certificate is maintained for all eligible individuals. The requirement for proof of vaccination does not apply to:

- Nationals and residents of Brazil;
    - Passengers younger than 12 years;
    - Passengers with medical excuse;

• Travelers covered by the exceptions for Covid-19 vaccination must present a negative test (PCR or Antigen) result performed 24 hours before boarding. This does not apply to:

- Passengers younger than 2 years;
    - Passengers younger than 12 years traveling accompanied. The companion must comply with all the mandatory requirements.

The new requirements for entry into Brazil are detailed in ordinance n. 670 of 04/01/2022.

The new rule that went into effect on April 1 applies to all passengers, not just Brazilian residents. The Brazilian website is clear about that. When I traveled yesterday, Latam's website incorrectly said that testing and the Health form QR system still applied, but when I got to the airport in Paraguay they asked me only for vaccination.

Brazil could have done a better job in informing people, instead of just shutting down the Health Authorization Form website. It took me a while to find the new rule.

This is the website announcing the change on April 1. It's not easy to find.

Copa airlines continues to state that a covid test is required. I got tested yesterday morning because Latam's website said it was required, falsely.

I'm sure that poor communication is causing thousands of travelers needless anxiety.

Speaking only for myself, I wish that a covid test were required, for the safety of all on the plan. But it doesn't do me any good to get tested if no one else is getting tested.
It appears that travel by road into Brazil now requires only vaccination. This is big news for me and my cat.
@Kurterino They don't require the Health form and QR code. You found another site that hasn't kept up with the news. Here is the official Brazilian news.

https://www.gov.br/anvisa/pt-br/assunto … da-no-pais

Transporte aéreo

-  O preenchimento da DSV (Declaração de Saúde do Viajante) não é mais necessário.

- Vacinados: brasileiros e estrangeiros estão dispensados da apresentação de documento comprobatório de realização de teste para Covid-19, com resultado negativo ou não detectável; devem apenas apresentar à companhia aérea, antes do embarque, o comprovante de vacinação, impresso ou em meio eletrônico.

- Viajantes não completamente vacinados, desde que brasileiros e estrangeiros residentes no território brasileiro, aqueles com condição de saúde que contraindique a vacinação (atestada por laudo médico), os não elegíveis para vacinação em função da idade ou oriundos de países com baixa cobertura vacinal: devem apresentar à companhia aérea, antes do embarque, o documento comprobatório de realização de teste para Covid-19, com resultado negativo ou não detectável, do tipo teste de antígeno ou laboratorial RT-PCR realizado um dia antes do momento do embarque.

- Estrangeiros não completamente vacinados permanecem impedidos de ingressar em território nacional (ressalvadas as exceções).
The new rule that went into effect on April 1 applies to all passengers, not just Brazilian residents. The Brazilian website is clear about that. When I traveled yesterday, Latam's website incorrectly said that testing and the Health form ... - @Getting on
 ___
The Consulate websites I checked on Sunday had all changed, here is the Miam site, http://miami.itamaraty.gov.br/en-us/tra … .xml 

They also clearly state that "The requirement for proof of vaccination does not apply to:
- Nationals and residents of Brazil"

This means that Brazilian Nationals, and Residents, do not even have to be vaccinated, however, they will be required to show negative test results to enter Brazil. "Travelers covered by the exceptions for Covid-19 vaccination must present a negative test (PCR or Antigen) result performed 24 hours before boarding."

The Anvisa site, "Agência Nacional de Vigilância Sanitária - Anvisa" has not been updated as of right now, too funny, 
I am flying out of the U.S. now, Air Canada.  They changed and updated their site on April 1st. United's website is really funny.  They clearly show testing is still required, but on their own global interactive map, they show Brazil no longer requires the test. 

The continuing story of Covid seems to remain one of mass confusion. 
04/05/22

"'This means that Brazilian Nationals, and Residents, do not even have to be vaccinated, however, they will be required to show negative test results to enter Brazil. "Travelers covered by the exceptions for Covid-19 vaccination must present a negative test (PCR or Antigen) result performed 24 hours before boarding.'"

I guess I (kinda) see the logic for this, but it would be a lot more convenient for the traveler if it were the other way around, and the test requirement were waived for the fully vaccinated.

Have a good trip back!
04/05/22

"'This means that Brazilian Nationals, and Residents, do not even have to be vaccinated, however, they will be required to show negative test results to enter Brazil. "Travelers covered by the ... - @abthree
 ___
Thank you.  I am trying a new route, and trying Air Canada.  They still allow two suitcases at up to 70 pounds each. 

What I have always said regarding Covid testing was that if they cared about accurate test results, then the tests would be done at each airport, at the time of flight check-in, and just prior to going through security.  There they would have control over test quality, and time. The testing system we have had in place has been totally flawed, from the onset, and high-end medical testing is my background, education, and specialty.
Finally posted:
Travel Advisory:  Removal of COVID-19 Testing and Health Declaration for Most Vaccinated Travelers Entering Brazil - 5 April, 2022
Event:  Effective April 1, 2022, most individuals traveling to Brazil who present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are no longer required to present proof of a COVID-19 test or a Traveler's Health Declaration (DSV).  Unvaccinated travelers who meet one of Brazil's five exemption categories from vaccination (see below) are now required to submit an RT-PCR test or antigen test performed within one day of departure.  For details on testing requirements for unvaccinated children, visit our COVID-19 page. 
Regulations are subject to change.  If you have any questions about these requirements, please check with your airline before traveling as the airline will verify the vaccination status of all travelers.
Brazil's five current exemption categories for unvaccinated travelers include the following:
Brazilian citizens and permanent residents of Brazil;
Those not eligible for vaccination due to age as defined by the Brazilian Ministry of Health;
Those with a health condition contraindicating vaccination;
Those arriving from countries with low vaccination rates as defined by the Brazilian Ministry of Health; and
Those whose entry is approved for humanitarian reasons by the Office of the President of Brazil.
In its April 1 announcement, the Brazilian government also reopened its waterways to international cruise ships. 
While Brazil's COVID-19 vaccination requirements may change without warning, the CDC recommends that U.S. citizens eligible for vaccination should not travel internationally until they are fully vaccinated.  The U.S. Department of State Travel Advisory for Brazil is currently Level 4: Do Not Travel due to COVID-19.
Vaccines must be approved by the Brazil National Health Surveillance Agency (ANVISA), the World Health Organization, the FDA, or by relevant health authorities in the country where the vaccine was administered.  To be considered fully vaccinated, the traveler must have received the final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to boarding.  
For more details on Brazil's COVID-19 entry requirements:  
Review the April 1 Brazilian government announcement modifying Brazil's entry requirements.
Visit the U.S. Embassy Brasilia COVID-19 webpage for information on conditions in Brazil. 
Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions, including potential COVID-19 vaccine or testing requirements for countries you are transiting through.   
@abthree    "...it would be a lot more convenient for the traveler if it were the other way around, and the test requirement were waived for the fully vaccinated."  

With the new policy, fully vaccinated people don't have to get tested.
From what is going on again across the EU/UK, take this lightly. Things could change (for the worse) again. Airline staff shortage due to covid is causing cancelations again.
April 18 is the next CDC/administration continuing guidelines now in place or changing them.