Vaccination and covid measures

@barbarabeall1
Please indicate what post you are responding to. I see nothing about flights or memberships. Perhaps post a new post with a different topic.
I live in Bahias de Huatulco. less and less people are masked. Restaurants here have never asked for a QR code to enter. I have not seen anywhere in Mexico where people are required to reveal their vaccine status. The 2 major grocery stores still insist people where masks and one very nice upper scale restaurant. There are plenty of small stores to buy fruit and veggies and also a small grocery store where one can go in with out mask. And there are plenty of restaurants. So much is open air here.  Many taxis no longer require masks. Buses do. I will repeat myself. I have never seen anywhere in Mexico where people are required to reveal their vaccine status. Been here since late 2020.

@brumyk2021  I have not seen anywhere in Mexico where people are required to reveal their vaccine status
Been here since late 2020

I don't live in Mexico, just a tourist, but need a Covid jab (booster) to get back into my country of residence without having to do quarantine. Any chance I can get one legally in CDMX without having any residence in the country? The certificate would need to be in English or Spanish and English.

@brumyk2021  I have not seen anywhere in Mexico where people are required to reveal their vaccine status

- @aliceah
Per Mexican law it is illegal to ask about a persons vaccination status!  I know a ton of gringos down here try to ignore that fact but that is the law.  So if someone asks you for it tell them no and then let them know they are breaking the law and if they are on a visa they could lose it for being arrested...... IE tell them to shut up.
I don't live in Mexico, just a tourist, but need a Covid jab (booster) to get back into my country of residence without having to do quarantine. Any chance I can get one legally in CDMX without having any residence in the country? The certificate would need to be in English or Spanish and English.
- @Cobolin

The problem will be that they don't have the same vaccinations down here in Mexico that the USA have.  So you can check to see if you can buy the booster for your brand of vaccine most likely it wont be here.
@MexicoAfterlife

The brand is not a big issue because the country in question (not the USA, by the way) will accept any vaccine approved by the WHO. My question was more aiming at "Can I get a vaccination privately with a certificate in English." I have read that in Mexico no private vaccinations are allowed, they have to be through Govt channels, but with imperfect Spanish I may have misunderstood the on-the-ground situation.
@MexicoAfterlife

The brand is not a big issue because the country in question (not the USA, by the way) will accept any vaccine approved by the WHO. My question was more aiming at "Can I get a vaccination privately with a certificate in English." I have read that in Mexico no private vaccinations are allowed, they have to be through Govt channels, but with imperfect Spanish I may have misunderstood the on-the-ground situation.
- @Cobolin

Ok from what I was told by multiple people they only have access to the china vaccine.  But that was last year. Can you take a "vacation" to the USA they have tons of boosters open to buy.

- @aliceah
Per Mexican law it is illegal to ask about a persons vaccination status!  I know a ton of gringos down here try to ignore that fact but that is the law.  So if someone asks you for it tell them no and then let them know they are breaking the law and if they are on a visa they could lose it for being arrested...... IE tell them to shut up.
- @MexicoAfterlife

It is not against  Mexican law.  Who told you that? Some of your ideas are far fetched.
@MexicoAfterlife

- @Cobolin

Ok from what I was told by multiple people they only have access to the china vaccine.  But that was last year. Can you take a "vacation" to the USA they have tons of boosters open to buy.
- @MexicoAfterlife

Mexico has been using Pfizer and AstaZeneca vaccine since about April 2021. Anyone can go to any vaccination  center with photo ID and proof of address  in that area and get a vaccination lately. The vaccination proof , in Spanish called a "comprobante" certificate will be filled out there in pen by attendants and will be in Spanish.

- @aliceah
- @MexicoAfterlife
So you read mexico news?  I do and it was an article explaining that in a gringo area they were asking for Vax status for a house tour.... and they said flat out by mexico law it is against your privacy rights here in mexico.  So you better check it our.  It was the melinio I think news spanish language online news for mexico. 

It is not against  Mexican law.  Who told you that? Some of your ideas are far fetched.
- @alleycat1
@MexicoAfterlife

I saw a doctor today in CDMX. He confirmed that all vaccinations are done via the Govt only, nothing available privately, and only for people who can prove residence.
Be aware that there is no specific brand of shots. They have received donations or bought drugs from many places. It's sort of a roll of the dice on numerous levels.

As for asking people if they have had the whatever shot being illegal. That is either untrue or it's being ignored. I've been asked by a native and I doubt if it was illegal that they would have risked their business to go against it.

Ok, I don't see any recent posts here on how things are in Yucatán-CanCun areas re masking and vaccination stuff.

anyone??

@aliceahthqnkntou for the updates on your experience.

I'm in US where I cannot see my doctor without a mask. My specialty doctor refused to see me b/c I have no documents showing a jab.

I need to get outta here.

@Cobolin pardon me but what is CD-?

@aeschurman  Are you refering to post where they say CDMx It means Mexico city. Ciudad de Mexico.

@aeschurman Yesterday I was in the Historic District and it seemed like about half the people on the street were masked. In Walmart, again about half of shoppers were masked. In Starbucks, almost no customers mask. I saw an Uber driver refuse a ride to a customer without a mask. So there's more masking in Merida than in New York City, and a lot more than in Phoenix or Chicago.

@Top212

Progress often moves slowly. The president says that he never said anyone had to wear a mask. The states tried to figure out what they should do  so were very strict then lightened up. At this stage some wear masks some don't. Amlo says he will talk to the states and they will talk to the business owners.

Meanwhile people sort of wear masks where the store makes a big issue like "Walmark"

I was all over Quintana Roo in April and don't remember having to wear a mask anywhere. Funny how Mexico would let me in without a vaccine but my home country wouldn't let me get on an airplane without one.

I'm hoping to spend a month in Quintana Roo this winter and I'm brand new to the area. Wondering if there's any quiet places to stay you could recommend, I'll be doing a personal meditation retreat, but also wanting to spend some water time and ruin time, of course, and anything else that's spectacular or off the beaten path. Thank you! Faith

@1faithrose Where is your retreat? I have been going there about 15 years and it has gotten super busy. Tulum was great but now very busy. Anywhere between Tulum and Cancun is busy in my opinion but I live in rural Canada :)

Hi, I'm planning to spend a month this winter in Quintana Roo And would love any recommendations you might have for places to stay Or off the beaten path things to see and do.

I'm looking for a quiet place to be because I'll be doing a lot of meditation but also want to get some swim time and ruin timing and anything else that's extraordinary. Thank you!

@Blackwatch thank you for replying, I live outside of Bozeman Montana which is pretty rural for most people but it's gotten busy for people like me who've  been around here for 30 years. My retreat is wherever I do it, it's a personal retreat not at a particular facility. My late husband and I first heard about Tulum more than 10 years ago and never made it there, I sure wish we had. Anyway I would love any tips you have. I was also looking at the area further siuth, Mahahual, Because it looks less populated, and maybe split time between them so I can also see the ruins. I can send a zoom link if you're open to talking.

@Blackwatch I'm not sure I replied correctly to your post to me, so here it is again: @Blackwatch thank you for replying, I live outside of Bozeman Montana which is pretty rural for most people but it's gotten busy for people like me who've  been around here for 30 years. My retreat is wherever I do it, it's a personal retreat not at a particular facility. My late husband and I first heard about Tulum more than 10 years ago and never made it there, I sure wish we had. Anyway I would love any tips you have. I was also looking at the area further siuth, Mahahual, Because it looks less populated, and maybe split time between them so I can also see the ruins. I can send a zoom link if you're open to talking. Thank you!

@alleycat1 just look at the actual patent behind mRNA - it is a gene therapy… OK pharmaceutical industry is tried to avoid using that word so some years ago before it was introduced they had the definition of vaccine changed at the WHO level. perhaps we should revisit this discussion in three years when all this will eventually  be coming in mainstream media, but this has been in many new sources outside of the United States and  Europe.

@04niftiertoadies  It is not "gene therapy".

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-c … 6280914802

"No, COVID-19 vaccines aren't gene therapy

By ANGELO FICHERA

December 23, 2022

CLAIM: The COVID-19 vaccines “are a gene therapy, NOT a vaccine.”

AP'S ASSESSMENT: False. The COVID-19 vaccines do not change a person's genes, as gene therapy does, experts say. The shots from Pfizer and Moderna use messenger RNA, or mRNA, to instruct the body to create a protein from the coronavirus. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, meanwhile, uses a modified adenovirus to trigger an immune response.

THE FACTS: False claims that the vaccines alter humans' DNA have circulated since before their debut in late 2020.

In recent days, social media posts have shared a claim that the vaccines are “gene therapy” — which involves modifying a person's genes to treat or cure a disease, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The posts point to a clip of Dr. Robert Malone — a vocal critic of the COVID-19 vaccines who did early research on mRNA technology — speaking about the shots during a roundtable event hosted by Republican Sen. Ron Johnson in early December. In the clip, Malone is asked whether the vaccines are actually a form of gene therapy.

“As I've said repeatedly, it came out of a gene therapy research program,” Malone responds. “These and the adenoviral vectors are absolutely gene therapy technology applied for the purpose of eliciting an immune response.

A tweet sharing the clip, which was also posted on Instagram, claimed: “The shots are a gene therapy, NOT a vaccine.”

Experts say that's false.

“It's just a very different process,” said Dr. Louis Picker, a professor and associate director of the Vaccine and Gene Therapy Institute at Oregon Health & Science University. “The point of gene therapy is to go in and change the actual coding in the DNA of a person's cells.”

For example, federal officials in November approved the first gene therapy for the blood-clotting disorder hemophilia.

Picker said gene therapy is “a multi-step process that's very deliberate, it's very different than just injecting RNA in a carrier that is designed to be picked up, expressed and elicit an immune response,” as the vaccines do.

The COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna use mRNA to instruct cells to make a protein from the coronavirus and trigger an immune response. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine uses a modified adenovirus, a cold virus, to elicit an immune response.

But none of the vaccines can alter humans' DNA, as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention explains.

Michael Barry, a Mayo Clinic researcher who studies gene therapy and vaccines, said in an email that tools used for those vaccines have a relationship to gene therapy technology — but that does not mean the vaccines are actually gene therapy.

“The vectors for mRNA vaccines (lipid nanoparticles) are descendants of non-viral vectors called liposomes that were originally developed for gene therapy,” Barry said, referring to the nanoparticles that are used to transport the mRNA to cells.

He said adenovirus vectors — used by the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine — were also previously researched for gene therapy.

Still, there are major differences between the COVID-19 vaccines and gene therapy.

“Gene therapy intends to provide long-lasting protein expression to fix a broken gene and its broken protein,” Barry added. “Vaccines intend a short burst of protein expression to stimulate the immune system.”

Malone did not return a request for comment.:

___

@04niftiertoadies

Just ignore the pro Vax types. I moved to mexico where these types have no power over my life. Look the deaths have started from the Vax and they will continue. Let's them scream all the way to a early grave. History will show this mrna as the new Dr. mengele.  In a few years there won't be enough left to cause trouble.