Nursing jobs

Hi,
after my graudation as a bacholer busiess adminstation from the utrecht university. I was a full time mother looked after my two boys.especially the youngest who born ill child. Now Iam thinking to study again .while Iam 49 years. I am thinking of nursing.I want to immigrate to united state .Do you think,Ic an find a job with a bacholer degree of nursing from Nederland.What should I do for an extra?

awveneman wrote:

Hi,
after my graudation as a bacholer busiess adminstation from the utrecht university. I was a full time mother looked after my two boys.especially the youngest who born ill child. Now Iam thinking to study again .while Iam 49 years. I am thinking of nursing.I want to immigrate to united state .Do you think,Ic an find a job with a bacholer degree of nursing from Nederland.What should I do for an extra?

It might be helpful to check directly with the Boards of Nursing in the United States. They might require additional exam, even if you have a foreign degree, but they could accept yours.

Most US states require nclex from non-US educated nurses. Then you need to find an employer able and willing to sponsor a visa. Google will probably bring up a specialty visa for nurses. This has been terminated years ago.

Hello, I once had difficulties when I was assigned to write as a nurse, I was very lucky that my friend was a year older than me, all this has already passed, then she advised me a service that made my life much easier, and I want to share this with you

I Never apply for that
Hi,

I am from France and I am a nurse 😉

First you have to contact the board of nursing  of the state you want to go. Every boards are differents and ask differents things. They will give you the list of everything they want and if they ´ll decide that your degree in Netherland is the same as them: they will say that you can pass the N-Clex. It's a test that every nurse must have to practice in usa.

Once you have it you can look for an employer who will ask the visa for you.
We have many foreign nurses in the United States.   Look up travel nurse in the United States for Foreign nurses”.  Connect with a travel agency for foreign nurses.  I had friends from New Zealand, Ireland and Mexico, Philippines who were sponsored by American hospitals. They helped with the paperwork.  It is absolutely possible.

Good luck

Hello everyone,

oh i am really confused about all information on internet,i am international graduated nurse/Bulgaria/ used to work in UK as a nurse for 10 year and will move to Chicago, i dont need visa ,it's a long story but i am confused how many exams do i need to do,i have done three years nursing school in my country.What is your advice should i contact directly to BON in Chicago or you can help me about the steps.Thank you in advance

From my understanding, even if you have nursing license in one US state, moving to a different state within USA, will require you to obtain this specific state's license, before you can legally work there as a nurse. I think, there is an exam you may need to pass.

My knowledge is based on the information I have heard from others; I am not in medical field.