Permanent Residence

I'm a US citizen looking to get Permanent Residence in Kazakhstan. I was lucky enough to meet my future wife  there and we would like to stay in Kazakhstan.

Is there anyone that knows the process and best way to go about it. And if you are a US citizen where you  received the documents from.

Thank you
George

I need health clearance and criminal clearance for permanent residency. I'm US citizen is there anyone on this forum that could help tell me where in the US I would go to get these.

Thank you
George

@2637
Hello George,

I'm a Us citizen trying to apply for Permanent Residency here in KZ. The whole process looks so complicated and I was wondering if I can ask you for your experience and advice.
Thank you in advance,
Gulnara

Hello Gulnara,

Sorry I just saw this you probably already know the answer but I can say what I have done. I went to the US embassy to ask questions. There is a lot to do but the big ones are Health report on diseases, Criminal check and solvency certificate. And these items can be no more that 180 days after issue. I'm still in the process but I hope to finish by mid next year I hope. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions that i may be able to help i would be happy to. I have many myself.

Thanks

George

@2637 Hi George, hope you managed to get the pink card?  How long did it take to process the documents by the Migration Service? And one more question - do you know if the requirement to stay 183 days within a year in Kazakhstan are actually enforced and, if so, by who? Thanks a lot, Dee

@2637 Hi George, hope you managed to get the pink card? How long did it take to process the documents by the Migration Service? And one more question - do you know if the requirement to stay 183 days within a year in Kazakhstan are actually enforced and, if so, by who? Thanks a lot, Dee
-@Dee2023

looking for the answer to this question also...

@2637 I hope that by now you have received permanent residency. it is quite a simple process. You just need to go to ЦОН  in your area and ask them for the list of documents you will need. If I remember correctly, you need a translated and notarized copy of our passport, you may need proof of address (contract with your landlord), a bank account, a Kazakhstan ИНН (which is their version of a social security number). It is not a complicated process. People from many nations apply for permanent residency all the time. The most difficult thing is waiting. Blessings!

@Dee2023 Yes, the 180 days is enforced. If you return from being out of Kazakhstan and you have exceeded the 180 days, your residency card will be taken from you at the border by Boarder Control. They are a separate entity from the Migration Police. I write from personal experience.

@HopefulExpat2 See my comment to Dee.

@2637 Health Clearance would come from your primary care physician. BTW, they may have never been asked to give it, so you might need to coach them a little bit. That document will need to be notarized locally and then forwarded to your State's capitol to be apostilled (the notary version that carries weight overseas and certifies that a document is original*). Google the appropriate address and process for your state.

A proof of no criminal record comes from the FBI. They will do an official background check. That also needs to be apostilled.

If your English documents are not apostilled they will not be legitimate in Kazakhstan. This is because your English documents need to be translated into Russian (and/or Kazakh) and notarized. A KZ notary can not notarize a translated document unless it has been first apostilled by the foreign government. Their job would be on the line.

I am speaking about the official process. I have never heard of people being successful using bribes to get through the red tape. So, for moral and practical reasons, I would not suggest it. I have witnessed people getting through with less-than-legitimate documents, but that was a literal miracle and does not happen often.