Need info about flat rate 7% tax break for expat retirees

Hello,

I am trying to find more concrete information online about 7%  tax break for expat retirees changing residency to Greece, and so far, I can only see that there was a "draft" law proposed in 2020. Does anybody know if this law is already  in action or did anybody have an experience with applying for this tax break recently? Also different sources quote different time frames for this law - some say it will last for 10 years, some - for 15? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well I can tell you that if you don't plan on working here and your income comes from out of Greece you don't have to file Or pay any taxes

Interested in this information too.

@ZeusNYC1 I thought that Greece taxes on worldwide income, so if you earn or receive money outside of Greece it is still taxable?
  I think this includes any type of income, dividends, capital gains etc etc.
If one becomes fiscally resident in Greece then Bamboozler's reply  is correct.

To be noted, however, that neither Bamboozler nor ZeusNYC1 (good to see that Zeus is alive and kicking!) have actually answered the original questions.
Good evening

Can you confirm me that this law voted in july 2020 is still  in effect this year?

Can you tell me, as well, what are the conditions to export a very old car. Mine is 33 years. I wish to keep her. The greeks may refuse her, because may be for the pollution.? Please can you give me the conditions to be accepted?

Many thanks for your answer

Best regards

Matoureveur
I don't think you will be able to import a 33 year old vehicle. As far as I am aware it must be a minimum of euro 4 on which you will pay a penalty of 3000 euros, and for euro 5 its 1000 euros. We are sadly parting with our 1990 hymer motorhome for that very reason.
Ola Sandiedawn

Many thanks for your quick answer.Why they will not accept my car ...Because of the pollution. Do you know how we calculate the pollution on a car?Can you help me?

Then the penalty will be 4000€? It is a lot

Many thanks

Have a good evening

matoureveur
@ZeusNYC1

Dear Zeus:  According to OECD:

"An individual that is constantly present in Greece for a period exceeding 183 days, including short periods of living abroad, is considered as tax resident in Greece from his first day of presence in Greece."

[link under review]

:)
@matoureveur

Yes it's because of the pollution. I was told by a customs guy that definitely nothing beyond euro 4 can be imported. Road tax for a vehicle over 2000cc is 690 euros as I understand it, well over double what we pay in UK - but then it rains a lot more and is much colder! I will happily pay for the sunshine and turquoise seas!
Good morning

Many thanks for your answer. I dont understand your answer...What do you mean by "beyond euro 4" ? If I understand right the price to drive is 690€ for one year, in all Greece?

What do you mean by over 2000 cc?

Can you send me the officiel text for the exportation of the cars

Many thanks in advance

Have a good day

matoureveur
Ola, I still ask someone to explain me what do you mean by "beyond euro 4".What means 2000 cc?

Someone can send me the offical texte about the exportations of the cars? Many thanks in advance

Matoureveur