Internet providers in Las Terrenas

Hello Everyone,

I know that LT offers services from several companies. 

We will be moving to LT near where Los Pescadores used to be (sniff 😢).
  Claro does not offer fiber optic within that area, although where the ships are, they offer fiber optic 🤦🏻‍♀️ ( about a three minute walk from where we are going to live). 

Claro,
they can offer us 10 mbps down- which is not enough to be able to stream or work online, as we both do-   Anyone who lives nearby and uses Claro and know their home speed?

CV HoSpot-  my residencial area offers this-  -
anyone familiar with this provider?
- do any of you know if reliable ?
- able to stream TV?

Other reliable alternatives: Altice?

Thank you much. 

I'm hoping once we are stablished, we can offer insights to others, as you have given us.

CV Hotspot has fiber optic as well as satellite/microwave connections. Both are more than sufficient for streaming and working from home.

Thank you for the info

I typed up this more detailed response yesterday, but refreshed my browser and lost it!

At our previous rental in Barbacoa, the internet provided by the property owner was a crappy low bandwidth mobile service from Claro (which they also forgot to pay for three times in the five months we were there, so it was disconnected for a couple of days each time) and it was not sufficient for streaming! Our neighbors, and good friends, have CV Hotspot fiber optic with 40-50 mbps. We ended up getting a souped-up router that we placed on our back terrace that picked up a signal from their wifi. Even with that rigged system and shared access, we were both able to stream with no problems!

Where we're building our house in Coson Lomas, we won't have the option yet for fiber, but we will use CV Hotspot with a small dish on the roof.

ddmcghee,  Thank you, this is great news and thank you for the details

what is the fastest business connection you can get in Las Terrenas?

CVhotspot fiber has been great for us. Various speeds available.

what is the fastest business connection you can get in Las Terrenas?
-@magnuskjerrman

If you really need speed, I'd suggest going with Starlink. I don't know if there are restrictions on business use, but if not, that is going to be so much faster than anything else you will find.

We have CV Hotspot with a small microwave dish since we're not in their coverage area for fiber and we get about 20 Mbps which is plenty for our needs - streaming, web browsing, Facetime, etc.