CAble TV

Hi All,

I have just moved to Punta Cana with my wife and stating to get settled into our new apartment. We had a question about TV. We are staying in a rental at the minute with 'Silver Cable' TV but it doesn't seem to have too many english channels. Has anybody tried Claro TV and if so what are your thoughts. Are there any other providers and does anyone use internet TV?

Thanks for any info

Stewart

I have Claro Bundle package of phone/internet/cable in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Customer service is the worst I have ever experienced in all of the years I've had cable and internet. Absolutly no-one at the offices understand English!!!!!!!! They speak a little English, but that's not the same as understanding what an American is saying to them. It's a nightmare!!!! For example; I have HBO and the sub titles are in Spanish and the language spoken on the TV is also in Spanish. There is a button on the remote to change the language to English, but that does not work on 70% of the HBO chanels. When I call customer service, I'm tlod that Claro's sattelite is send the language signal in Spanish only. This also happens on most of the American TV chanels as well. I'm learning Spanish but I'm not quite up to listening to TV all of the time in Spanish, plus I'm a paying customer and Claro just sends me packing every time I come to their stores to get this issue fixed. When I visit the Claro office, I'm told to go home and call customer service, whom I called earlier and was told by them to come into the office, only to discover that there's no one there who speaks English. If anyone knows of a sattelite dish system I can get that has American TV in English, please let me know. Thanks.

We use DISH here on the north coast.  A bit pricey but we get the full DISH package (movies and all) all in English and as if you had DISH on the east coast of the US

Bob K

Thanks Bob; You are a life saver. Must I have a lan-line telephone installed prior to getting the Dish System? I'm moving to Jarabacoa in about a week from today, and it's quite remote, along route28. Once again, thanks Bob.

Ours works off a Satalite so we have a 7 foot dish in our yard.
You will have to provide an internet provider here to get the system as dish is not marketed locally.

You might contact [email protected] Dolfie the owner may be able to give you some information.

Bob K

Claro is much better. DR struggles with technology

This thread is 3 years old.

What are you looking for?

Bob K

Im bringing my apple tv but the claro little mobil device cant handle the live stream to much bandwidth and the apartment may not allow dish looking at options

Is the service any good from Dolfie dish network

Welcome to the forums John. This is an old thread honey and you may not get any answers.  Tell me what city or town are you talking about and lets see if we can find out.