Requirements for Philippines

Hello I would like to travel to Philippines. I need the 35k Usd insurance, do you have an advice?
Is it mandatory to have a ticket for the return journey to the port of origin not later than thirty (30) days from date of arrival? Is there a way to extend the validity of the ticket? Could I do it once I am there already?

Hello.
How long are you intending to stay ? You need a ticket out bound from the Philippines to board the inbound aircraft, the ticket can be to anywhere at any time, the later the better.
regards  Bruce

The latest that the government show is that you must have a return or onward ticket, leaving the PH within 30d after arrival.

Whether or not you can change a ticket is dependent on your fare. Only the airline can inform you about t&c.

marcovalacchi1994 wrote:

Hello I would like to travel to Philippines. I need the 35k Usd insurance, do you have an advice?
Is it mandatory to have a ticket for the return journey to the port of origin not later than thirty (30) days from date of arrival? Is there a way to extend the validity of the ticket? Could I do it once I am there already?

You don't to have a return ticket to your port of origin, just an outward bound ticket to leave Philippines within 30 days. Most people just buy what is commonly called a throwaway ticket to Hong Kong, Thailand or Vietnam etc, just the cheapest available ticket just to have and to show at the airport on arrival in the Philippines.

The problem going to be getting your 30 day visa 
extended Don't know how tourist will get round this without being fined and the new Covid insurance as well

Theoretically, you CAN have a one-way ticket flight to the Philippines, but it is  risky to do so.

The agent at Check-In wherever you are departing from will warn you that you really should have a return ticket.  Just be prepared for the possibility that upon landing here that the Immigration officials may deny entry and send you back to your country of origin on the next available flight.

I am speaking from personal experience. i can consider myself very lucky that i was not returned to home when i bought a one-way ticket to come here in 2015.

Thank you all i ll get a ticket for another location in 30 days, and then I ll change it, what about the insurance? Could you tell me some agency name? Or could I just ask to the flight company right away?

Your travel agent may be gracious to offer travel insurance - this is usually less than $100 (as per my prior experience anyway). perhaps this may be more if you're staying longer than 30 days though.

kristopherryanwatson wrote:

Theoretically, you CAN have a one-way ticket flight to the Philippines, but it is  risky to do so.

The agent at Check-In wherever you are departing from will warn you that you really should have a return ticket.  Just be prepared for the possibility that upon landing here that the Immigration officials may deny entry and send you back to your country of origin on the next available flight.

I am speaking from personal experience. i can consider myself very lucky that i was not returned to home when i bought a one-way ticket to come here in 2015.

I believe way back in the archives someone posted that they were denied boarding without the return ticket so while at the airport they bought an outbound ticket. If this should happen to anyone, buying a ticket the same day could cost a lot of money.

Someone suggested buying a refundable onward ticket. Comments experiences? Thanks

Speaking to a guy who just got Covid insurance $35k cover for 2.5k pesos about $50 , will post the insurance company details when I get them

kevin4586 wrote:

Speaking to a guy who just got Covid insurance $35k cover for 2.5k pesos about $50 , will post the insurance company details when I get them

I wish I owned stock in the insurance company, a very very small numbers of Covid patients require hospitalization now.

But nevertheless the Hospitals will send out a Limo to pick up people if they have 35K USD of insurance, once it is used up and you are discharged your trip home will be on a tricycle.

You definitely need an outbound ticket. I forgot to buy one and they would not check me in on flight Philippines without one. I had to buy one online while I was at the counter.

As for extending, they are officially not allowing visa on arrival to be extended. If you apply for a 59 day visa at the Philippines embassy in your country before you leave, that can be extended.

marcovalacchi1994 wrote:

Hello, do you need to register on one health pass website and did you book a hotel room accredited by the DOT?
I am confused because this morning the Philippine ambassy in Paris told me the one health pass is only for philippine people and I don't need to have hotel reservation.

^ One Health Pass code is needed by ALL.   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QT1H33xZoE&t=3s

Must have one health pass... passport,  Rtpcr test within 48 hours of flight, Vax card, return ticket within 30 days, covid insurance, no doh hotel needed, but they will want address of your destination.

Thanks for the details.

Can I stay for 30 days.  Fly out of country a day or two. Come back for another 30 days?

You might try either SafetyWing (safetywing.com) or visitorscoverage (www.visitorscoverage.com). Both offer reasonably priced COVID19 health coverage for the $35,000 min coverage that PH requires. Good Luck!

I have a Kano friend coming out from Portland end of march. Said he can only stay 30 days. I thought he meant he cant extend his stay 30 days at the airport and he said not the case. Said the Philippines will only allow him to stay 30 days total. With all the trouble he has gone thru and money spent just to come out here it sure seems like a big waste of time unless you have money to throw away. I agree with Reekay on youtube that it's best to wait about 6 months before coming out here. Things hopefully will be different by then. Reekay did a vid on youtube when he went to visit his mother in the states and he had a real hard time just getting to the states. The video is a good watch. Someone may be able to make it out here but getting back will be the downside. I ain't going anywhere for at least another 6 months to a year. Good luck to all!

Go to immigration... you can stay longer for a fee... I am here now in Dupolog and I didn't... but another expat i hang out with sometimes just did late February... he was able to extend until October for 17,000 peso fee...($340).  I have to go back this Friday for business, but plan to return to my fiancee in April, and I also plan to stop in Manila for a day and extend an extra month(60 days) before continuing to Dipolog.

Staying in the Philippines is simple. Don't stress.

You booked a return ticket with your air carrier at a later date (beyond your 30 day visa). What do I do?

Upon entry to the Philippines, they require that you have a return ticket scheduled within 30 days of your departure. Purchase a one-way ticket to Singapore for $60-80 proving you have a valid ticket. Some people call it a 'throwaway ticket'. Extend your visa further by visiting an immigration center located in most malls. They are friendly. It helps to wear a collared shirt and long pants.

I would be more concerned with documentation related to covid. Have your ducks lined up in a perfect row.

Avoid confrontations.Do not complicate matters.

I just faked my return ticket with real flight information.  They don't check with the airlines that the ticket is legitimate.

marcovalacchi1994 wrote:

Onward ticket dot com

Use that for your “return” ticket. Should be an option for a real ticket there valid 14 days then they cancel it and they get refunded.

Always works for me. And yea it's required and always has been a requirement for VOA

To clarify you pay $20 and get a REAL flight booking that they can scan. After 14 days the travel company cancels it for a refund and they made $20 profit.  Smart business.

johncroy wrote:

I just faked my return ticket with real flight information.  They don't check with the airlines that the ticket is legitimate.

Why would you do that? And why would you admit to fraud on a public forum?

On another thread (SRRV Feb 19 2022) you said:

"You applied for the 13a not even a month after you arrived." [b] But If i understand it correctly you have to apply only after 59 days and that is for the ACR-1 temporary, a prelude to the 13A.

You also said "Your ACR card & Drivers license were done electronically"?

Purchase a plane ticket than cancel it and get your money back, same thing as faking.  ACR card and Drivers license FINGERPRINTS were done electronically instead of ink and paper (sorry about the confusion).

johncroy wrote:

Purchase a plane ticket than cancel it and get your money back, same thing as faking.  ACR card and Drivers license FINGERPRINTS were done electronically instead of ink and paper (sorry about the confusion).

You implied electronically for finger prints, to me that means by internet. So your fingerprints were taken in person by scanning.

You also said "I just faked my return ticket with real flight information. They didn't check with the airlines that the ticket was legit.

Yes it's very misleading saying faking it, why not just say after purchasing ticket then cancelled the outbound for a refund?