New members of the Reunion Island forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Reunion Island forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Reunion Island if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, I have been expatriated in different countries like Switzerland, Mauritius and now Reunion Island. I've been living there for some time now and it's really a magical island!

Hello Nadine Lac,

Welcome to Expat.com  :cheers:

You are more than welcome to share your experience good and bad as an expat in Reunion Island. All you need to do is to create a new thread here 👉 Reunion Island forum.

You might also go through some threads in order to help other people with your precious info.  ;)

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team.

Hello,

I am Caroomee from Mauritius. I am currently looking for work in Reunion Island so that I can help my family in Mauritius.

Can someone please help?

Thank you

Hi this is poonguzhali from India ,I just want to move to reunion why because I heard about this island ,i inspired because so many Tamil people live there ,so I will feel comfortable to work there

Hello, I am an expat in the United Kingdom but I am interested in the culture of the Réunion island, with a view to visit it.

Hi all,

I'm not expatriated at all... I'm just a resident of the island (where I'm from), but I was looking for a way to find English native people to exchange with in real life.

It's hard to find on a such tiny island, isolated for a lot of things, native English speakers to exchange with (knowing that, as French native speakers, we aren't really at our ease to be good in English).

I can't afford to travel to an English-speaking country (even if I really would like)... So, I thought it could be a good way to try here... Sorry if I was wrong, I apologize in advance (or if this kind request must be made elsewhere) .

Greetings,

Michael

Hi Michael,

You may connect here with expats located on the island, connect with foreign students from the university (Erasmus etc) or foreign employees who live on the island and hired by the bilingual schools etc

Have a Nice day !

O.

Hello Michael,

Welcome to expat.com!

Your presence on expat.com is much appreciated.

Feel free to engage in English by participating in discussions on the Reunion Island forum. Since you are a local, you have much valuable information that you can share with our members who wish to come to Reunion island.

Cheers from l'île sœur1f60e.svg

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello,

I am currently in Mauritius with my little family. We were in Reunion island for 1 and a half month for medical purposes.  I would like to know if there are options to apply legally to work and stay in Reunion island.   We will most likely be travelling frequently to the island next year as my son doctors are there.  Reunion island has provided us with a peaceful mindset as in Mauritius we do not have doctors for my son.

Thank you.

@bellarodavid90 Hi i am JAYAKUMAR from India Tamilnadu Chennai, i am also interested to move Reunion island

@leila1142 The possibilities of applying to live and work in Reunion will really depend on your nationality.

If you have a non-European passport, the best and surest way of finding out reliable information will be to contact a French Embassy, e.g. the one in Mauritius or in your country of origin if you are not from Mauritius.

@LionessJo

Hi,

I also like to visit ti reunion Island.

Hello Knagamany,

Welcome to expat.com!

Do you simply want to visit Reunion Island or do you want to find a job there?

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Hello,

I would like to mention that I live in Sri Lanka, aged 73 years old and I am looking young wish to work in Reunion. May I know whether it is possible for me to do so.

Please advise me in this regard.

Thanks

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1012816

Thanks!

Closed