Moving to Reunion with a 3 year old

Hiya :)

I'm thinking of moving from Ireland to Reunion sometime in January. Can any one give me any advice as how to go about looking for childcare or playschool for my 3 year old daughter??! What is the cost of living in Reunion? Any info that could help with my decision would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Trista417 and welcome to Expat.com!

Harmonie.:)

Would you believe that I and my family (we've two kids 2.5 and 3.5) moved to Reunion three weeks ago from Dublin!

Loving it here.  In the school year just begun they are taking in children born in 2008.  You'll get assigned a school by the local Marie (town hall, there are lots of them) so it's actually very easy.

As for prices it's not as cheap as a developing world country, cheaper than Ireland certainly but more expensive than metropolitan France for some things (especially cars!).  But like a lot of things it depends on how you live, if you want to live reasonably you certainly can.

S

did u move I am from Dublin and want to get the hell out of this over taxed debt ridden bankrupt country. do we need visas to live in reunion island. Will you get by with just English.

Hi  lusean,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please note that this thread is quite old, I suggest you to create a new topic on the Reunion Island forum for better visibility and interaction. :)

Thank you,

David.

thanks David I will

hope all is well with you and your family

@sbradley  hi my name is Marie am from Dublin looking g to move to reunion island with my 3 boys one with cystic fiibrosis can you tell me how's the hospital sector's and have you cope well since

Hi Marie, we left Reunion in 2017 for mainland France after five wonderful years there.  The hospitals are french so European standard.  We loved life there,  though you will need to speak french and have employment sorted as there aren' t many options for work on the Island 

@cthchauremootoo

Hello, please note that this is an old thread. These members are no longer active.

I invite you to open a new topic on the Reunion Island forum so that active members may help you.

All the best

Bhavna