New members of the Norway forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi all,
I just in few days ago.
Pleasure.

I'm a current master's student of stavanger .
Pleasures

Hi, I am Welder with 13 years experience as pipe Welder at construction companies, refineries and industrial areas.
I am from Greece , I have 111 and 141 certificates, also I can weld MIG MAG.
Could you tell me some companies to contact? Thank you

Hi, My name is Valèria Willassen, (1972) I am psychologist in Oslo, Norway. I speak Spanish and English too. In my page you will find all the information. *** best regards, 🤗

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone  and welcome to Expat.com :)

Find a lot of informations on the Living in Norway guide.

If you are looking for a job, feel free to create also your job ad on Jobs in Norway page.

Cheers.

Isabelle
Expat.com Team

hi!
I'm Simona, from Italia, new in Oslo!
Ciao!
S.

Hei.  My name is David Horensky, and I have been long over-due in joining and participating in this forum.  I'm an American, and retired here now after working in Stavanger several times over the years in the oil industry.  Look forward to participating and offering perspective when I can.   David

Hello everyon,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f600.svg

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to create a new topic on the Norway forum.

You can also go through several threads on this forum in order to be able to help other members if possible.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Hi all, I'm Santhosh from India. Planning to move Norway in couple of months with job offer in place. Joining this group to get support from expat for this transition.
@Julien

Hi I am Sanjay, I live in kolsås, been here since last 3 months, still in a process to getting to know the people and the country. Trying to learn the language, have joined the Norskkush classes, but thats a bit slow wanna speed up. Joined in here to be a part of the group and know more about living in Norway.  Thanks.

Hello! My name is Tristan and i am 21 years old. I am from America and wish to move to Norway as soon as possible. Unfortunatly the move is incredibly difficult.

Hello and welcome tristanbradbury01!

If you are encountering difficulties with your formalities, feel free to open a new discussion in the Norway forum so that other members can assist you.

Cheers

Djameel
Expat.com Team
Hi everybody,

I am Alessio and I am currently living in my Country, Italy, but I am seriously taking in account the possibility to move to Norway, probably next Spring.

The idea is to find a job and start a new life in a Norwegian city (I really like Bergen). I am not young anymore (almost 40) but I know english rather well and I am a flexible person and I am ready to adapt myself.

Does anybody live in Bergen at the moment?
Hi,
This is Swapnil Kolambakar
I have nearly 17 years' experience within the IT education sector, gaining a track record of dramatically
Improving technical efficiencies and profits; managing projects within budget, scope, and timescales and manufacturing process limitations. Substantial experience within corporate trainings, franchisee business and designing ITIL based infrastructure, and have experience training and supervising others. Working within an ISO 9001 accredited environment.

Areas of Expertise

• General management                 • Company start-up / development
• Technical issue solving            • Problem solving
• Team leadership                 • Designing new products.       
• Budgeting / financial controls             • Staff training / development     
• Corporate Trainings                 • Project management       
• Service delivery                 • Quality Assurance

@swap kom buen día si usted tiene 17 años ena educación debe tener conocimiento básico se cómo un extranjero venezolano que terminó su hig school en Estados Unidos Puede ingresar a una universidad. Otra pregunta cuánto es el costo promedio se la universidad?

Gracias
Hi Everybody,

How are you doing today?

I am the new babe to this community. I love to see all of you here with tons of immigration expectations and Am one of you!

I am from Human Resources Background and my major experience have been in India and UAE. I have worked in almost all functions under the HR domain and currently working as a HR Manager in a Recruitment & HR Outsourcing firm.

I am going to sweet 40 now but I strongly believe age is just a number when you are actively performing things.

I have 2 post-graduations - MA (English) & MBA. I wish that I may narrate some beautiful story after some period of time once I relocate to Norway.

I am a layman and have no clue about immigration procedures and if you are anybody in a position to assist me, I am glad to receive your advice.
Hi there,

My name is Lívia and I'm from Brazil. I'm currently studying English Language and English Literature in Brazil, however, I finish my degree at the end of the year. I'm planning to move to Norway in January 2023, because my fiancée is moving there this august. However, I don't know what to do concerning jobs possibilities. I hope I can find help here at this forum.
My name is Frank and I'm from the US. I've studied Norwegian (Bokmål) for a bit and had earlier passed the written Bergenstest and this year passed the oral Bergenstest. I have been accepted to university in Norway a couple weeks ago but trying to get everything ready in time is extremely difficult, especially while I'm working full-time in the US.
My goal is to live in Norway, which is why I applied for university, but obviously I would rather be able to get there on a work visa rather than a student visa.
@franksalem

First of all, congratulations for getting accepted to the uni! As far as I know, getting work permit is also extremely difficult here in Norway. Most important is you must required as a “skilled worker”, it's clearly stated on UDI website. You must have job offer that's related to your degree. Other than that, will get rejected. Unless you're an EEA citizen you can apply as a “job seeker” tho I don't really know how it works. But in general, Norwegian Immigration is super strict! Study permit is less complicated than other type of permit, in my opinion, if you wanna stay longer.

Hey Guys,

I m travelling to Stavanger Norway in first week of Nov and need rented accomodation initially for short term from one month to 3 months. My plan may be extended post one month.

Can you please be kind to contact and help me on sharing options at ***

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you

Hello Aashishagar,

Welcome on board !

Feel free to drop an advert in the Housing in Norway section of the website for some leads.

All the best,

Bhavna

Hei, thank you for the add.... Nice ☺️ to be here

Good morning,  Justin, i'm congolese my most experience is in humanitarian assistance,i'm vert interested to imigreted in norvege

Hello JUSTIN RUHUMURIZA,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

If you are looking for a job in the same field, I suggest you create your CV in the Jobs in Norway section.

There is a category for Social > Volunteering.

Best of luck,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Cheryl Thank you very much *** my whatsapp number

Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Contact details

Hello muhammadasadkhan911,

Welcome to the forum 1f601.svg

What are you looking for here?

Could you please tell us more about you and your plans?

Please note that contact details should not be posted on the forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Hello Jopsych,

Welcome on board !

Though this thread is only meant for the introduction of New Members, I can see that you have addressed a question to a member.

Please consider opening your own topic on the Norway forum if you don't get any response on this present thread.

all the best,

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013135

Thanks!

Closed