New members of the Guadeloupe forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Hi all,

Newbie on the Guadeloupe forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Guadeloupe if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

I'm going to Guadeloupe for a couple of weeks in February on holiday. I'm interested in moving to Guadeloupe when retired, and I will try to experience the islands regarding overall lifestyle and in particular conditions on the real estate market.

Hi,
My name is Jessi. I'm an American living in Reunion Island with my husband and two small boys. I've been in Reunion for five years and before that I lived in Madagascar and Mayotte.
We will be moving to Guadeloupe this July/August and I'm looking for job opportunities. At the moment I teach English at an English center, do Bookkeeping for clients in the States and I teach workshops on how to create new things/art/decorations/jewelry out of items people normally put in the trash. In the past I worked in administrative roles, worked at a hotel, various clothing and art stores and even managed volunteers in a program in Madagascar. I'm open to any and all opportunities.
Also, we are very excited about our new adventure in Guadeloupe as a family. My children speak both English and French and will be 5 and 3 years old upon the time we arrive. We only know two families at the moment, but are hoping to make connections with more. Please let me know of things we must do with the kids, your favorite place to buy produce, favorite beach, any Emaus (second hand) type stores, favorite restaurants, anything you care to share.
Thanks so much.
Bonne année,
Jessi

Hi, Guadeloupe is awesome! We moved from the US to Deshaies. The real estate market is difficult…expensive and not a lot for sale due to inheritance laws that often have property owned by numerous heirs who can't agree on what to do with the property, the fact that families stay on the same property for generations so they are never for sale and often when expats sell, they sell to people they know without putting the property on the market. But, you can still find great homes if you look often or you can find land and build. Quality of life is fantastic and the food is amazing. People are nice and so many outdoor activities.,

Welcome jessicornett138 and congratulation for your installation in Guadeloupe  :top:

You can find a lot of informations on Living in Guadeloupe guide and you can create your own job ad on Jobs in Guadeloupe page.

Feel free also to enter in contact with the others members living there.

I wish you all the best  :)

Isabelle
Expat.com Team

@MNiebler

Hello Annett & Michael,
The island has also enchanted us and we have been here for half a year. You are welcome to ask me something and when you are there, we can also meet up. There aren't that many German-speaking people on the island.
Greetings Nina
@Julien
Hello Julien and all, I'm Pat- I'm 53 year old Irish man living in the UK for 25 years- looking to visit Guadeloupe in October for a few weeks...have fallen in love with the island from tv/documentaries etc and wish to experience this for real. I'm interested in staying in the Deshaise area if anyone has reasonable accommodation available?...any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Pat
Hello BallymunKelly,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f60a.svg

Since you are looking for accommodation, I invite you to post an advert in the Housing in Guadeloupe section.

Best of luck,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Cheryl Hello Cheryl,  thank you so much for your reply and information...
Pat
@BallymunKelly Feel free to open a new thread on the Guadeloupe forum if you wish to discuss any topic with other members of this forum.1f60e.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl
Thanks  Cheryl,  I'm hoping to get to Guadeloupe in October for a few weeks.  I will be budgeting so if anyone knows of reasonably priced accommodation I would be very grateful?..2 weeks on both sides of the island is wish.
Thanks
Pat

@Julien

Hi I'm Cecly Ann and I trying to find a one bedroom apartment to rent for three months. Do you know of anything or anyone? I would like to begin my stay in January 2023

Hello TriniWriter,

Welcome on board !

Try posting an advert in the Housing in Guadeloupe section of the website so that members can reach out.

Do you speak french ?

Regards

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013022

Thanks!

Closed