New members of the Colombia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2022

Dear Cymerax,

Welcome to the Colombia forums of Expat.com ...

Since this one thread is devoted specifically to

new-member introductions, I have posted my

guidance for your Colombia project on

the Colombia Mailbag thread.

You can find that thread listed (or via Search box)

at the Colombia forum welcome page.

cccmedia

@cymerax The name of the country is Colombia not Columbia. Not sure why any expat would consider living in Argentina, it used to be nice fifty or sixty years ago before the Peronistas destroyed it. Colombia is still a nice place to live for an expat especially if you have a dollar income. The future is still up in the air [Moderated] the next year will tell the story. I have spent most of my life, 81 years now, in or close to Latin America. If I were in my twenties, I would not make the same choice because of the [Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Political comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Julien Not sure whether I qualify as an expat in Colombia. I decided for various reasons to escape Germany and look for my luck in Latin Amrica. Last year, I stayed three months in Medellin, but did not really like its touristy character.  And its cold climate.

Early this year I lived in various cities in the Dominican Republic and enjoyed the heat. Now, six weeks ago, after a summer in Spain, I arrived in Cali. This is now my favorite city in Colombia. I will stay here till end of November and then decide either to extend my visa or to move on, to Peru, Cuba, or Mexico.

I would appreciate contacting members of this community, especially here in Cali.

Hello, I'm Kevin and plan on retiring to Colombia in sept of 23

I am not new to living in Colombia however I have been away for a few years and plan to return on a permanent basis next year. I grew up living in Costa Rica, Bolivia, Ecuador, Surinam, French Guyana and Colombia. Hopefully I can get to know some of you and begin to make plans for my retirement there next year. I look forward to chatting with and getting to know some you between now and then.

@salejo Hola Sal!

I hope you are doing well.  I saw your post about wanting to have your own friends here in Cali and I feel the same!  Especially if they speak English. :-) 

I literally just moved to Cali (again) last week.  I previously lived here for about a year back in 2018.  I moved back to the US for a few years because of work but now I am hopefully here to stay forever.

One of the mistakes I made when I first came here with my spouse was not reaching out and finding my own English speaking friends.  It was tough!  Now I'm hoping to change that. I've learned more Spanish over the last few years and I don't feel as intimidated when going out and exploring. 

So with that said I would love to maybe meet for a bite to eat or a drink some day soon.  I'm currently staying La Rivera with my in-laws until our apartment is ready. La Rivera is close to Calamar.  Our apartment is close to Puente Palma.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Tanya

@TVariel Hi Tanya, Welcome back to Cali. My wife and I are also living in Cali, and like you came here before the pandemic, went to the US, and then came back. We have a 3 year old and are often free on the weekends. Happy to meet up sometime for a coffee and introduce ourselves. You can direct message me at [link moderated], if that is easier. Looking forward to meeting you.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If the editor bot is blocking direct messaging somehow,

members can contact each other by clicking on the

recipient's icon to the left of any post .. and selecting

Send a Message.

cccmedia, member of Expat.com experts team

@Laker4115 I didn't see any "political comment" exclusions in the code of conduct.

@EasyPZ I stand corrected! It's in there. Religion/Politics are off limits. So much for spirited discussion.

@Tortoise Unbroken

We are new to Medellin and Colombia. Thinking of applying for residency. We are a boring older couple but boring in a good way. We are quiet, love Nature, like meditating and music. I cook meals from scratch every day

as David is vegan-ish and I am trying an Ayurvedic diet. We were trapped for over a year in Guatemala due to covid. We love animals and can pet sit. I love chatting over coffee or small parties with friends. Would particularly like to meet other meditators or writers. We read books, paper ones, as well as on Kindle. I look forward to meeting all of you!

I am a health care professional, straight male in semi retirement who speaks bad "Rosetta Stone" Spanish.  I  have enjoyed my Latino acquaintances in the USA near Washington DC over the years.  I am taking a real Spanish class starting in a few weeks.  My plan is to listen you all of you and in a few months visit a few places in Columbia using Air BNB or whatever.  It seems that my retirement will go much farther in Columbia.  The diversity of climate is appealing and it's fairly close. 

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1013404

Thanks!

Closed