SPORTS ON TV IN THE DR

I am wondering if there is any coverage of Canadian sports available in the DR.
NHL hockey or CFL football.

I assume there will be NFL football and Premier League soccer on cable or satellite.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

With a Canadian VPN, you should be able to stream anything from Canada. There might be add-on packages available with cable.

I realize this is a longshot, but are there any followers who are rugby fans and have advice on how to watch rugby here in DR.

I am a South African living in Santo Domingo so I am looking for the best cable package or even a sports bar that shows world rugby.

I have good experiences with Altice in SDQ. In addition to the standard package, various additional channels can be rented.

What the previous poster already noted; a VPN connection can also work fine.

Welcome to the forums Liberator.

Thanks. Let's see if I can make some useful contributions from time to time  :)

Please do!!!

@goinforit I sell Amazon fire sticks that bring u every Chanel world wide movies sports and shows

@goinforit you should contact nickmar to get a fire stick that he sells. We have one, not one from @nickmar , but one just like what he has,  and not only does it have every channel on it from all different countries, all movies, pay per views, every past and present tv series. These new devices aren't like the old streaming devices that show movies filmed in theatres, but they are all like you are watching a DVD.

We have directv here in Canada, and we are going to give it up, as everything is on this fire stick.  When we come to Las Terrenas later this year, we are bringing it with us, as all Canadian TV stations are on it live.

I am looking forward to watching Canadian channels showing blizzard cold conditions, when we are in the DR this coming winter.

In fact everyone reading this, if you don't already have this, treat yourself to a world of entertainment, at an incredible low price :)
Remember to get all the channels you also need a VPN. Otherwise your content is restricted.
@Ian1272

Sounds to good to be true. Do you need to have an active TV account in Canada to access channels with the firestick in the DR ?
I assume you insert the firestick into your smart TV and how do you get a VPN on your TV ?
I have travel to many different countries and my Stick has worked everywhere. As long as I have wifi. I see all my favorite home teams on it for what ever sports I want. Also have thousands of movies at my finger tips! You do have to upkeep it as it needs updating or you can set it up for auto updating every time you turn it on. I have had mine for over 7 to 10 years. I love it!  Also some folders will stop working here and there as they are maintained by creators and sometimes they do not updated and the folder becomes un-usable
@Ian1272

Thanks for the info @Ian1272.
So just to confirm you are suggesting that the Amazon Firestick is the best one for me to purchase.
Do you need to be a member of Amazon Prime to access the programming ?
I don't know anything about these firesticks from @nickmar, but it sounds fishy to me! A firestick is a firestick - you control what apps are added and the accounts they are logged into. There is a lot of "sharing" of accounts down here for a monthly fee or one upfront payment. Please don't do this to save a few bucks! If you have a device, you should have to log in to each service with your own account!

We have used both Roku and Firestick here. The main thing we've found, as Planner said above, is that you have to have a VPN to access much of the content you normally see in the US, Canada, or Europe. After trying several VPN providers, we found that Hulu, Netflix, Prime Video, and YouTube TV were all able to detect Express VPN, SmartDNS, and NordVPN. We switched to LibertyShield just over a year ago and have had no issues.

@goinforit Yes you need an Amazon account. Not prime account but an account. I opened up one with a pre paid visa card like with $20.00 just in case its hacked or something its only $20! Hope that helps! I really enjoy traveling with my Amazon Fire Stick. All you do is buy the stick you can upload apps yourself there is no need to pay someone. I do it all myself!

You want free sports? Put this in your browser…..nhl66.ir You can also get baseball and football not just hockey. I also found out that a vpn is not required but it will try to get you to sign up for one but it works from the DR without one.
Just a further comment about nhl66.ir I watched all Maple Leaf games and the playoffs using this web site.
Hey, can someone tell me why after I posted my last comment that it says, link under review? What's that about?
You are a  new user and all links you post will be checked!   It's the process and not personal.
Understood.