I'm a swimmer, pool

can you pay most hotels a fee just to let you swim in their pool?

Some of the resorts have day passes, but with limits on occupancy during the pandemic, many have not been selling them (if they were even allowed - not sure).

I would suggest checking with some of the local hotels to see if it's possible. You can probably visit their websites or social media pages to see if they have a pool that would work for you. I assume you want to swim laps?

We are building our home and made sure that our pool is long enough to make lap swimming possible. I also picked up a tether that can turn just about any pool into a "treadmill". You just need a pool long enough to stretch out!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D8 … &psc=1

thank you so much!  with covid I have been swimming in my home pool here in US(our gym has reopened but stiil not ready to go back) , a bit like a swimming hamster!! back and forth, but I listen to  music , and do about 3miles a day, am planning to go to DR and  want to swim daily there. thanks again!

Most resorts don't do this type of setup.  First the pools are not set up for lap swimming.  Day passes include food and drinks and you are looking at US 50 a day and up. 

Best to find a non all inclusive hotel and see if they have any type of membership.  Some allow pool, gyme and spa usage for a monthly fee.

Interesting.

thank you so much planner!  would you have any ideas which hotels would do this?

What city?

not sure, I am now a retired  professor and have a chance to do paid  research and since I can do it anywhere decided after a long military career where I never had time to do anything! I wanted to learn how to surf etc and can be a "digital nomad"! puerto plato, sosua, caberet perhaps..hey ,your nom de guerre says "planner" , do you do any consulting on relocation or ombudsman like paid work for hopeful expats ?  thanks!

I hate to state the obvious but I heard of a big one right off the sandy spot they call it ‘'the ocean” and if you do one lap you should be ok!

well brother robert I hate to tell ya, but I got sick as hell swimming in the water off Nha Trang a very long time ago, seems bacteria in water run off near any town can be numba 10 bad soldier!

that sucks i am in the province of Samana so pretty much every day in the water i use to live in san diego cal, and yes when it rained mexico poisened us

ok brother, when my freedom bird finally takes me from US to DR I i will try ocean swimming, ,I guess its free!

Ocean swimming is a great option in some areas and a bad one in others.   First knowing where outfalls are and understanding  currents will help.

I sent you a private message.

Hi I read your post and I now live in puerto plata and been to many of the hotels here before I bought my house and I know some of the Hotels in playa Dorada in puerto plata used to sell day passers before the pandemic one is called Emotion's and the other was Grand Paradise. Now there's a good rumor that the latter is being sold but you can always call the smaller hotels in the area offer day passes for 300 pesos a day but those are more like wading pools, good luck

Speaking of swimming and pools. Does anyone know of a swimming pool builder? I am trying to get a estimates

Thank you

Tippj - Paradise was in fact sold to the same owner of Emotions. They are doing a remodel and it should reopen in November.

No hotel in Playa Dorada offers day passes at 300 pesos a day.

Wow , didn't know the deal was completed……..👍

No no the smaller hotels in puerto plata offer the pool passes for 3-600 pesos … I know KMA hotel does
but the pools are very small , just enough to jump in and out no the bigger  hotels in the resort areas offer for $50 USD and they usually get busy with people on the weekends………🏊‍♀️

What city do you live in? We just had our pool rebuilt by a great contractor in the Sosúa / CABARETE area. He probably works in Porta Plata as well. Good work and reasonable prices. If you're in the area, let me know and I'll send you his contact info.

I am in La Romana. Ian sure he travels all over the island.

I appreciate the info thank you

Jason - of Paradise Pools - lives/works out Cabarete - company has been doing pools for over 20 years - 829 295 4221 - tell him Brian from Moca referred you....cheers