Brazilian Permanent residency overstay

I had my baby in Brazil about almost 3 years ago then myself and my wife were able to obtain the PR before returning to our home country, but since then we have not been able to return to brazil. We planned to come to brazil last year but due to the pandemic that broke out we could not come and so we overstayed more than two years already now. We plan to come to brazil by end of this month, please what situation or difficulty are we likely to face at the point of entry and then is there any way out from losing the PR? Thank you fam

Well the PF has latitude. The sooner you get to Brazil the better. SInce child is a citizen PF should work with you.

Thank you so much @TexanBrazil. Please do you have an idea what kind of situation/difficulty we might encounter at the point of entry. Are the PR cards gonna be taken away from us or is there a particular fine/fee that the PF would ask us to pay for overstaying abroad. Or is there anything that we need to do to salvage loosing the PR? Am sorry am just worried.

There should be no fine. You should be able to settle all at the airport by answering the questions. The PF will have your information on entry.
It should be easier at the airport to get answers than in most cities unless you are pressed for time for a connection.
Now I only speak for GRU. I was lucky to spend a couple of days with the PF and RF at GRU.

Hi
After reaching any Brazilian airport, they will accept your PR card or give you 90 days entry and then you will be able to apply for another PR card. This happened to family of a friend about 6 months ago. They were accepted and were give 90 days entry and then they applied for new cards.
But nothing to worry. Brazil and Brazilians are good 🥰.

Have a safe trip

@Texanbrazil, Thank you for your reply. I will definitely enter through GRU as you advised and hopefully all will go fine as I wish. Thank you.

@MHSPCZONE, thank you for your reply too. So if I am asked to re apply for the PR, will I have to obtain the police report from my home country and stamps from the Brazil consulate and all those stuffs all over again or can I make use of the former one that I used for the initial application?

Hi
There is a good news, a friend of mine contacted PF today because his wife overstayed 6 months and PF official said that they have grace period of 9 months due to pandemic, she can enter within 3 months.
They didn't ask any documents from the other family so I hope they will do the same to you too but every state or every official has his/her own rules.
When I applied for residency, I only authenticated documents from Ministry of Foreign affairs and then from our Embassy in Brasilia and they accepted all. I skipped the process of Brazilian embassy in my country 🙃🙃🙃.

Goodluck.

@MHSPCZON, thank you for your reply. Oh wow! that is a great news and an encouraging one at that. I hope they do same for us too without and not ask us to go start our residency all over again. Hopefully they will just ask us few questions only tho I have no idea what kinda questions they will ask. Thank you once again.

Nothing to worry about, you have a Brazilian baby so they won't ask anything. If your total period out of Brazil is less than 2 years and 9 months then everything would be so easy.

If ever they will ask to apply new PR card then it will only cost 204.77 BRL.

Thank you so much. I feel more relaxed now :D