Should I go back to my country 'coz my dutch fiance broke up with me

Hello there, I badly need an advice. My Dutch boyfriend broke up with me last May and he wanted me to go back to Philippines. We are together for about 8 years but he brought me here in Amsterdam last June of 2017. Now he has changed plans and dumped me as easy as that. He made so many excuses and I couldn't take it emotionally. I would like to still stay here but he insisted that I should go back to my home country. He told me that I have no right to stay because my visa depends on him and so I must depart his country as soon as possible. Is there a possibility for me to get permanent residency as early as now given as well that its pandemic I still have work here by the way? Now that its pandemic there just so many things comes to my mind. Am I not eligible to continue living here just because we are not together? Can I do something about it? Based on what I read I am only able to apply my own visa without depending on him by next year-- and he wants me out as in this month. I need an advice I was so drain emotionally.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

The first thing you should be aware of, what you do from now on is of no interest to your ex-boyfriend; as they say in Dutch "Hij kan de pot op".

That said,  I would suggest that you can't just sit there and hope it all goes away.  My advice for you is to contact the IND and make an appointment so you can change your status and get information about all the options available to you; this will almost certainly involve applying for your own visa.

What happens from now on is very much in your hands, if you haven't done so already, you need to find a job and somewhere to live.

The contact details for the IND are on their website; this link will take you straight to it.

I wish you the best of luck.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello, normally your ex boyfriend should have start the procedure this year with IND. You can also contact the gemeente where you live for an advise.  I know that when someone break up they inform the IND and you have to leave the country.
If you were ill treated by him or was hitting you so you can inform IND and you will have the right to stay. Or may be if you have a permanent job ask IND if its allowed to change your stay to a working permit for staying here.
I wish you good luck !