Experienced Automotive Quality Manager - Seeking Work

Good afternoon,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of the best way to start to look for roles within Vietnam please?
I am an experienced quality professional of 10  years, in the automotive industry, who has just finished a long stint in China, launching projects for numerous OEMs.

If anyone could point me in the direction of companies that are either hiring, or accepting speculative CVs, it would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

google vinmotors, i think their head office is up north, maybe haiphong...send them your resume. or looks for positions on vietnamworks.com .

It will be a tough go for you in Vietnam.  The biggest issue is that your job can be done by a Vietnamese citizen and they pretty much have to hire the local per government rules. Quality Manager will be one of those job descriptions. 

In addition to that is the wage structure is very low.  I have hired two degreed engineers, one civil and one mechanical that work for me now that I'm back in the US.  I pay them $600 and $660 per month for a 6 day 48 hour week.  Both of them are working for me for QA and project management for our manufacturing company in the US.

SteinNebraska wrote:

Both of them are working for me for QA and project management for our manufacturing company in the US.

This looks like a grammar slip up.   Don't you mean something like "our company headquartered in the US"?  You certainly don't have them working in the US for $600.   :huh:

The auto industry in Vietnam sucks, China is the only place you want to be in right now. Why did you leave China for Vietnam? For love? Definitely not for money those....

Porkypig wrote:

The auto industry in Vietnam sucks, China is the only place you want to be in right now. Why did you leave China for Vietnam? For love? Definitely not for money those....

I read that Vinfast is working on an IPO on the NYSE.  Maybe the auto industry it is not as bleak here as you think.

THIGV wrote:
SteinNebraska wrote:

Both of them are working for me for QA and project management for our manufacturing company in the US.

This looks like a grammar slip up.   Don't you mean something like "our company headquartered in the US"?  You certainly don't have them working in the US for $600.   :huh:

Yes, should have been working for me in Vietnam supporting our company in US.