Tax Clearance After Leaving Malaysia

Hi,

I will be leaving Malaysia early July and won't be able to submit my tax clearance before leaving because my last day of employment is at the end of July. Has any one been able to clear their taxes while outside of Malaysia? Will I get asked or stopped by immigration at the airport?

Thanks,
Tay

So you leave Malaysia without cancel your visa?

My EP cancellation is in process so I believe it should be cancelled just before I leave. Im just worried about the tax clearance.

I Believe before your last working day your employer can provide you tax clearance documents so after 28th you can go personally to tax office and apply for tax clearance. If you can not go bcz of any reason I believe your employer can apply tax clearance  online. Check with your employer.

My company said they will only be providing me with CP21 form after I leave due to some inputs that they need for July and I will have to submit tax clearance on my own.

Hi,

I am in similar situation, could you please advise were you able to exit Malaysia without tax clearance and apply for it after your exit from malaysia?

Thanks in advance

somebody answer for this am in same sutuation,,,i got visa from singapore but my tax not cleared yet

how long will a tax will clear and how long will time taken to cancel pass

Hi Guys, i may be able to guide a little here.
One may be able to file tax clearance themselves online or via local CA with CP21 signed form from the employer and this can be done at any time of the year.
Using a CA will be much easier, upon submission it will take 14 working days for LHDN to issue certificate.

You may have already searched online, here is a link below, incase it helps.

https://help.talenox.com/en/articles/28 … n-malaysia

if the process done on 14days,how many days it will take to cancel the permit bro plz help i think my employer giving false statement

Work permit cancelation can happen within a week. It is done by the agency hired by your employer.

IF SO FOR TAX CLEARENCE, WILL IT  TAKE ONE MONTH ORELSE MY EMPLOYER TELLING LIE,CAN I LEAVE COUNTRY ONLY BY CANCELLATION

I would suggest to re-confirm the procedure with your employer. They should guide you correctly.
You should be able to leave the country after work visa is canceled but there is risk of immigration, as much as i know, they may ask to produce tax clearance certificate.
Do not take risk, double or triple confirm with your employer if needed, here fines are hefty with strict laws.