How to clear my tax quickly

hi all am under ep catagory ii,i got ip from singapore so i need to vacate soon from here,but my hr said it takes one month for tax clearence and cancellation,but really wants to know hoe long it takes to clear my tax or else i can check my status if so plz share me the link.,

Your company has to prepare a letter stating that you will be leaving the company and you have to take it to the Income Tax office along with copy of all pages of your passport. They will give a letter saying the reply will be sent in two weeks to your company. It takes two weeks for Income Tax Department to clear your taxes and send a reply to your company.

Oh thank  you once got clear how long will it take for cancel permit,only if cancel we can leave or without cancellation we can country

vijay viju wrote:

Oh thank  you once got clear how long will it take for cancel permit, only if cancel we can leave or without cancellation we can country

cancel your EP? your company should apply cancellation in mdec or esd i believe. but no need to wait for your tax clearance before they could do that. I have mine cancelled in 2019 and it took more than 15 days if i remember it right. after getting my passport back with my cancelled EP, i went to LHDN to process my tax clearance. it took 14 working days before LHDN sent a notice to my company that they could release my final pay.

but since this pandemic, the process in mdec/esd are quite different now. i think the company applies to mdec/esd online. then wait for approval. once they get approval, company will then need to apply for a slot/schedule when they can hand over passports.

so good luck if the whole process will be done in a month.

but to be honest, once you filed tax clearance in LHDN, you can go to SG. no need to wait for 14 days unless you're waiting for your final pay before you could move out. when i filed mine last 2019, i fly out the following day. i have no problem whatsoever with immigration. i was already in my home country when i received my final pay.

oh thanj u so much bro ,,so u mean if my tax clearance done i need not wait for refund amount i can exit malaysia kan,,no immigration problem will arrive>.?

vijay viju wrote:

oh thanj u so much bro ,,so u mean if my tax clearance done i need not wait for refund amount i can exit malaysia kan,,no immigration problem will arrive>.?

yeah. i did the same in 2019. i just made sure i have a copy of the receiving acknowledgement from lhdn that i submitted documents just in case they ask for it. but they never did. as long as you don't have outstanding payables to lhdn then there should be no problem with immigration.