Foreign friends needed

My name is Katty. I have been living in the UK for 7 years and now I went back home for good. I would like to get to know some foreign friends in Guangzhou as I miss the life in the UK!

Hi Katty & welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that you will have a lot of nice contacts here.

Harmonie.:)

sungkat wrote:

My name is Katty. I have been living in the UK for 7 years and now I went back home for good. I would like to get to know some foreign friends in Guangzhou as I miss the life in the UK!

hi katy im jerome from france ilive in guangzhou i feel alone also sometimes

contact me bye bye

jeromefrance wrote:
sungkat wrote:

hi katy im jerome from france ilive in guangzhou i feel alone also sometimes

contact me bye bye

Hi jermone i guess you would have many french friends here and going to introduce me some lol

yes wy not  my email is jerome [email protected]  where you live in guangzhou ??

hello guys, i am looking for friends too. new to guangzhou and need to know from you ppl ;)

hi wich country you'r from?

romitraut wrote:

hello guys, i am looking for friends too. new to guangzhou and need to know from you ppl ;)

sure you are welcome to join us. lets get this circle bigger!
where are you from and are you in gz at the moment?

jeromefrance wrote:

yes wy not  my email is jerome [email protected]  where you live in guangzhou ??

im living in tianhe area. where do you and your friends usually hang out in gz?

hey there, american just moved to GZ after being in Beijing for a year and half.  let me know when you'll are hanging out.

JB

jonleblanc wrote:

hey there, american just moved to GZ after being in Beijing for a year and half.  let me know when you'll are hanging out.

JB

Hey JB welcome to GZ and hope you wont be too disappointed about it like me lol

Katty

so are people getting together?  I heard there was a pub quiz at The Tavern on wednesdays. My office is close to there so I may go check it out tonight.

jonleblanc wrote:

so are people getting together?  I heard there was a pub quiz at The Tavern on wednesdays. My office is close to there so I may go check it out tonight.

oh that will be great. go check out more interesting places in gz and let us know!

sungkat wrote:

When I saw your post I couldn't help scratching my head. If you miss your life in UK why don't you be more straightforward and go like :

UK friends needed.

For I doubt if friends from Laos, Namibia, Belarus and Aruba (all foreign) can help you reminisce on expat life in UK... Not every foreigner has been in UK, for that matter. Some of them need you to tell them what life is like in UK.

Yet you need ONLY foreign friends (i.e. anyone but Chinese)to help you "rebuild" your UK life. That kind of implies a friend from any country can help you rebuild your UK life but not a Chinese friend. So if I follow your logic, I would naturally interpolate that a fellow Chinese who lived in UK for 20 years cannot help you with this while a Somalian who never went to UK can. Then I can't help asking : Sorry but is this kind of racism or just your careless misnomer ?:lol:

Wrote this for amiable discussion. No offense intended. It just doesn't make logical sense to me... Or maybe they just don't teach logic in UK ? :)

To help make my logic clearer. See the following fabricated example :

FOREIGN FRIENDS NEEDED :

I am American and my name is Kathy. I have been living in China for 7 years and now I have come back home to Sacramento for good. I would like to get to know some foreign friends in Sacramento as I miss the life in China!

So ...

anything foreign = related to China ????????

Likewise, anything foreign = related to UK ?????????????

Does it make any sense to anybody ? It makes no sense at all to me.

way to kill the mood, kf5iek

i agree with you Jonleblanc

who cares?? lets all go for a drink n get hammer...lol

felixHuang wrote:

ok Felix, set up something.  I have no idea where anything is in this town yet.

I won't care either if I were foreign and not the one being excluded and discriminated against by the poster here.

jonleblanc wrote:
felixHuang wrote:

ok Felix, set up something.  I have no idea where anything is in this town yet.

i dont know any good pubs here...
any good ideas guys????

I only know The Tavern near Zhujiang New Town, and The Cave, which honestly kinda sucks.

I would love a to find a bar that is cheaper and/or has some character to it.

or someplace I can throw darts would be good to.

Zhujiang New Town is far from my place.....

where u live anyway...

few bars in YuanJiang Road r good..like Ture Color club?

hi dear.i am foreigner come to gz next month oct and if u like to meet me pls reply

Hi Katty

Count me in!

I also just returned to Guangzhou after living in the UK for 5 years.

It probably doesn't make sense to some how much you miss a place and trying to meet people for that matter. It doesn't really matter where people come from and where you are now though, all we need is to build our social life, to some extend, just like we did while we were abroad.

Anyway, it would be my pleasure to join your circle if you have already had one, and let's keep it expanding.

I heard that there is a good Irish pub in Tianhe, any comment from anyone?

Cheers

there is hooleys on tianhe bei lu
tavern, the brew, and mcCawleys in zhujiang new town.
and elephant and castle next to the baiyun hotel.

I'll probably be there at least a couple nights this weekend.

Hi everybody, Iam lucia from italy, and you don-t now how much I want to hang out and go party! I just moved here and dont know where we can go.. let's someone who know the city set up a meeting for everybody!

lucy

How far from Foshan to those happening places above ???? I am bored to death soon !!!!

I just met up with an English guy here and a Dutch friend of his at the Hooley's...That is probably the best night out so far for me :-)

Let's keep the ball rolling.

So modest Liang! Tomorrow I can't make the walk as it is full, (Organiser contacted me) but I will come into town for the evening again. Will get in touch about times. Any one care to join us in GZ tomorrow? Get in touch!!

lucyrome wrote:

Hi everybody, Iam lucia from italy, and you don-t now how much I want to hang out and go party! I just moved here and dont know where we can go.. let's someone who know the city set up a meeting for everybody!

lucy

Hello Lucy!

You glasses suits me...(ask Simon for reference) :-))

ready for the next one?

lucyrome wrote:

ready for the next one?

Oh yeah!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293928_183484561725872_100001929886284_387303_76244138_n.jpg

oh my god!

Hey all,
Anyone going out tonight? Down to grab a pint, or three.

James

It is!!! Bohaaa!!! crazy night!

Anywhere in particular people are going out? I am at the Riverside Hotel, not exactly sure where to go.

Hi all, it will be my second visit to gz this month. Any pan for gathering on oct w3.
Will be fun to hangout with all of you in china, or i will feel so bored at hotel

Anyone doing fun stuff this w-end? Name a place/time and I'll try showing up without getting lost on the way.