Car tax and insurance

I am shortly going to be moving to Portugal as a NHR. I am a UK Citizen and already have Portuguese residency. I do NOT yet have a Portuguese driving license. I will be coming to Portugal to get the apartment ready and I want to drive in Portugal for less than 3 Months. Car hire is really expensive. As I said I have a UK driving license. If I were to buy a car to use just for the 3 months and then sell it. What do I do about tax and insurance on the car? All advice welcome

Hi why would you want to sell your car? Would it not be easier to keep it so you would have a car for each time you came over to Portugal

I agree there is no need to sell the car I could keep the car. But all I was asking was is it possibly for me to buy a car, tax it and insure it using My UK license? Thanks

When we bought our truck we didn't need our driving licence to buy the truck only our passports we bought it in 2019, we also bought a car last year we showed our passport & English driving licence no problems

We insured our vehicles via our bank in Portugal so honestly can't see you having a problem