Finding a job

Hello all! My name is Nicholas. I'm having trouble acquiring a job in sweden. I've applied to like 10 places in the last week and have turned in my resume to a few job boards and temp agencies... I even tried staying up late to call some places I've applied to to have an actual introduction and give them more information about myself and situation, but was not able to stay up til 1am to call. I have fantastic credentials in both the forklift and warehouse/production industries. The problem is that i need a work visa to move. Can anyone please help? I would really love to be with my girlfriend who lives in Tenhult. Thanks for your help!

Isn't your girlfriend helping you? She should be able to inquire on your behalf!

As far as I know, forklift license is needed here in Sweden and there are two types of such license.

Yes she's been helping with links to jobs and expat forums... And I've had her do the house build planning. But to be honest, i didn't think she'd be able to inquire on my behalf, because that's not really a thing in the us(or at least not to my knowledge[i think if it was, it'd be fairly taboo) so i didn't think to ask her for help about inquiring on my behalf. I sure as hell will now when I talk to her. As for forklift license: i have been certified on electric, propane, stand ups and high masts... Also have been certified for manual and electric pallet jacks(I've even had small amount of training on the big pallet jacks that you have to ride on). My best guess it's that I'd be qualified to run A1-4 and i believe B1.

Hello, Authorities are pretty strict about license. You can read it by yourself here  https://www.av.se/en/production-industr … ft-trucks/ as you can see you will be in need of Swedish language knowledge to get Swedish equivalents of your certifications. I don't want to discourage you but it seems to me that you applying from the US with your US certification is far-fetched. So it is better you come over here and get done your license while you keep seeking for jobs. You know you can stay without visa up to 90 days and also there is a possibility (not a certainty) to renew for another 90 days.

Now I didn't check anything about travel ban and all that. If it is not yet the time to travel, meanwhile you can get an online Swedish course. Regardless of licens, job and all that, one thing I can assure you is one will never be happy in Sweden without Swedish, now you know  :)

I talked to a friend about this and he told me hiring a person to work on forklift in Sweden without license/certification can result in a fine of 450000 kronor for employer.

My guess is that your CV probably do not indicate that your are licensed to work with forklifts as per requirements for that job in Sweden.

See, Madeleine had done research on forklift work... And said that my qualifications wouldn't matter because the certification is per company to company. So i would have to be certified in whatever company i work for. Also, she found out that if i move there without a work visa... I wouldn't be allowed to make any income during my stay. I can't not make money for 3 months. She would have to cover all my expenses, and we have plans to build a prefab home that we could finance immediately once i move there after finding a job. Not making money would disrupt that greatly. Do i need to tweak my CV to reflect swedish equivalent forklift knowledge?

You remind me a friend I had for many years ago, She used to come up with different kind of controversial statements about different things in Sweden and when we asked for evidence for those controversial statements, she used to refer to her Swedish husband, sort of like, it is right because of "my husband said" so. Nicholas your girl friend's research is right for Swedish applicants and the company must be big enough to have the authorization to educate their own employees and provide them the certification according to the insurance requirements, which both demanded by the authorities and the insurance company itself.

Ask your girlfriend to do one more thing, to call one of the employers and ask them if they are interested to hire someone who lives in the US and fix needed visa and the insurance, but without having any proof of educational documents (of the applicant) that is according to Swedish standard and accepted by their Swedish insurance company. And she may also can read the link below from the a relevant union and translate it for you then hopefully you come down off your high horse.

Please don't get me wrong I am not here to put members down but only to help them by providing correct, fact based information. Regarding your money issue for the three months journey, what can I say, it is not everyday someone plan to move to another country so I thought you are financially ready for such a journey, but I guess I was wrong.         

https://handels.se/aktiv-i-facket/aktue … a%20truck.

I understand what your saying, i had no intentions of implying you or the other person messaging me on here is wrong or stepping on anyone's toes. Please understand that i haven't seen her for 15 months and am just trying to get the information so i can get there as soon as possible. As for the money... I have sold a motorcycle, my Camaro and will be selling my house very soon for quite some profit. I would have a pretty good amount saved up after that to put some needed work on my truck and pay off my other bike and still be able to have money left after putting down my half of the down payment on our house... I would just be concerned about having backup funds after 3 months in case of an emergency. I'm only meaning that i would prefer not to have to go the no income route. I did talk to her today and we discussed me coming out there and getting me certified and try to find a job quickly, so i can return here to start the work visa process. We do agree it may be the best option we now have.