Importing a car to Spain after Brexit

Hi All,
I am living in France and my car is coming to the end of its life and I am hoping to pick up a car of 4 years or older in Uk before I move to Spain, I have imported several  uk cars to France and apart from getting a headlights and a certificate of EU conformity its not been too difficult,
Has any one done this since Brexit, in Spain  ? I think you have to pay some tax now ,
France has  the whole process is online now , which is quite annoying as it sends you round in circles when you have a question and can't speak to a real person.
Thanks in advance

Also I forgot to add, I have always managed to insure the car in France as soon as I puchased it in the UK so I am insured for the return trip to France, any  tips or hints on this as well please, Thank you

Sadly, easy import with just headlight changing was a benefit of the UK being part of the EU.

UK is now officially a non-EU country. Therefore a UK-registered car is subject to the importation conditions of non-EU vehicles.

The main requirement is to pay duty and VAT.

I don't know the exact numbers for Spain, but I believe it's 10% duty plus 21% Spanish VAT (=33% as VAT is on the duty-inclusive price).

I also don't know if this amount is charged on your invoice/bill of sale price, or whether it's based on some kind of current "book" value.

However, 33% is a significant bump, so many would consider this makes the transfer uneconomic. So perhaps wiser to find something in France, Germany, Italy which will be LHD and won't need headlights changing. Or Spain itself, which is the easiest option!