Looking for information about House hunting

Hi all,
We are a couple in our early 40's with 2 little girls, looking to eventually move to Reunion, but initially just buy a vacation house to spend time during our summers.
We lack information about the possibilities for non-French citizens in purchasing a property as we do not speak French fluently and can't really read it online.
I should mention that my husband does hold an EU citizenship, but not French (Romanian).
Does anyone know where we can start? Also, I would love to hear from English speaking families how was the move for them and their children.
Thanks!
Reut.

It will be difficult to find information in English specifically about buying a house in Reunion, so if you're on Facebook I would suggest that you start by joining one of the many groups there where people talk about buying a house - the generalities will also apply to Reunion. Once you have a better idea you can come back here with specific questions and try and get put in touch with a notary (through who a house sale would go through).
Have you already visited Reunion? I would suggest that the first time you come you rent somewhere to stay, even if it's for several months just to get a feel of the island and decide where you'd like to buy a house.
And when you say "summer" are you referring to Reunion's summer (November to April) or Europe's?

Hi champacs, thanks so much for replying.

Can you direct me to specific relevant groups/pages on Facebook? I didn't find any in English.
And yes - we did visit Reunion, and spent a month there 4 years ago. We have a pretty good idea of the area we are intereated in
I did mean European summers specifically August-September. That is when we visited.

Thanks again