Inquiry regarding settlement in Brazil

Hello everyone,

Me and my brother are seriously thinking about moving to Brazil, and we would be thankful to find the right answers on this website. We are aware that with all of this pandemic mess, the situation there is not what it used to be, but still, we think that Brazil is way better than where we are right now. We would greatly appreciate it if a Brazilian or an Expat who lives there responds to us with fruitful information.

Thanks in advance,

What is your citizenship?

what is the question??

pretty much, we already have,.  Just spend some time reading the forums.

Client07 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Me and my brother are seriously thinking about moving to Brazil, and we would be thankful to find the right answers on this website. We are aware that with all of this pandemic mess, the situation there is not what it used to be, but still, we think that Brazil is way better than where we are right now. We would greatly appreciate it if a Brazilian or an Expat who lives there responds to us with fruitful information.

Thanks in advance,

We will be glad to try and help.
I would ask you to start by visiting the Brazil Consulate/Embassy site near you.
In order to live in Brazil, a non-citizen will have to become a permanent resident.
There are different types of Visa to begin the process. If you do not have family in Brazil you need to look at an investor or retirement type visa.
Takes a lot of documents and time to do such.
Take a look at the BR Consulate's site in your country. Then ask questions.
You cannot just show up and decide to live here. The Policia Federal/Minister of Justice has the final say.

Ethiopian, born and raised in Saudi Arabia.

Texanbrazil wrote:
Client07 wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance,

We will be glad to try and help.
I would ask you to start by visiting the Brazil Consulate/Embassy site near you.
In order to live in Brazil, a non-citizen will have to become a permanent resident.
There are different types of Visa to begin the process. If you do not have family in Brazil you need to look at an investor or retirement type visa.
Takes a lot of documents and time to do such.
Take a look at the BR Consulate's site in your country. Then ask questions.
You cannot just show up and decide to live here. The Policia Federal/Minister of Justice has the final say.

Thanks for your reply, The primary reason behind our decision is to study, as undergraduates, and then we hope to continue our studies and look for ways to achieve Permanent resident status. I understand that you can't just show up in any country and decide to live there.

Client07
04/25/21

Here are the types of non-tourist visas currently available for visitors to Brazil.  If you believe that you qualify for any of them, contact the nearest Brazilian diplomatic or consular mission for further details:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 04#5025583

Note that student visas do NOT permit employment.

If you and/or your brother are directly affected by the current fighting in Ethiopia as noncombatants, you may qualify as refugees.  Contact the nearest Brazilian diplomatic mission or, if that is too dangerous,  the UNHCR.

This is an extremely difficult time to try to enter Brazil.   Your chances of being issued a visa before the covid-19 pandemic subsides are extremely low.

Be aware that there is no direct path in Brazil from a student visa to permanent residency.  It would be necessary to qualify on graduation for residency on a different basis, either by having an employment contract with a Brazilian employer, or having a Brazilian family relationship.