Get a job in a hotel

Hi
i hope im in the right place....my name is debbie.  i am new here and am really looking forward to some help.  i went to greece in 2019. i fell in love with the place, the people, the food and the total ambiance of what greece had to offer. currently i work as a carer in the uk. i am a south african almost 60 year young woman. i would really like some help to get a job in a hotel perhaps as a receptionist, or admin or actually anywhere where the people are happy. please help me. thank you in advance.
regards

debbie

Hello Debie,
Finding a job, particularly in the Hotel business is not easy, particularly at the time of covid. Greek Hoteliers are unsure about their business status this coming summer, as tourists will be required to have a vaccination certificate in order to be accepted into the country. And the vaccination proceeds at very low rates!

I don't want to discourage you but I am trying o be realistic about the situation. Unless your savings allow you to survive for several months I would advise you not to venture a trip and then seek a job. If you can secure a job first things would be easier for you.

Since you are from a country outside the EU you will need to acquire a work permit otherwise a job you might obtain will be illegal and no social security coverage will be available to you. I suggest that you message your Embassy and ask them what the requirements are for a S.A. citizen to get a work permit. You can also write to the  Hellenic Chamber of Hotels ([email protected]) and ask them for advice.
If you have special qualifications, such as multilingual skills, you can tell them and ask whether a possibility for work exists.

I wish you good luck.

Vasilis

Hello Debbie,obviously this year will be a washout  as far as jobs are concerned but you may find something where you can can get a work visa and the employer pays your health stamp .I have
seen adds for someone to care for an elderly lady who speaks English even on this forum under...jobs...it could be anywhere in Greece.Take a look at recruitment agencies on line.