Health Insurance for United States Veterans

Greetings, I am still looking for an answer concerning US veterans health insurance. I would like to converse with a veteran receiving those benefits,,  I see two facilities, ,one near Santiago and on near Santo Domingo. They advertise care for veterans but,,,,, they do that in Mazatlan when they actually treat everyone including vets with no special link to the VA. LOL,,  Marketing. So, yes, in Mazatlan they treat Veterans at that clinic but you pay full price,,  LOL,,   

I am 70, in excellent health but purchasing health insurance will not be easy and very expensive.

I know for sure that I get VA health benefits in the Philippines for example.

I would love to find out that I get VA health benefits at those two locations,,  that would be excellent news

Thanks, Bill

Hi Bill,  Are you also retired military? i.e. 20 plus years of service?   Or you just getting a VA compensation?  I ask because if you're a retired military, TRICARE Overseas will be an option.  For example, I am retired military and also getting VA compensation.  TRICARE tells me all I have to do is to let them know before moving to DR to they can switch the coverage in the system.  Then all I need to do is to select a doctor on their network.  However, if you don't qualify for TRICARE, my understanding there are facilities in Santiago and Santo Domingo that support US Veterans (Especially those that have a monthly compensation).  Thank You for your service!  Victor

Hello Victor, thanks for your response,  I am not retired with a pension,,  only did 3 years,  1969 to 1972. I do have Tricare and will look into the "overseas" status to see if that's possible,,     yes, I found online the two facilities you mentioned, one in Santiago and one in Santo Domingo,  I'd like to know for sure that I can get VA medical in these two facilities. If this turns out to be true then I will for sure move there. It would be good to communicate with a US veteran who has used the facilities there.

Thanks again,  I really appreciate it.

Bill

Hi Bill,  There are a couple of Veterans who I follow on YouTube that are Veterans and have used these two facilities.  One of them, his channel's name is "Caribbean E", and the other channel is "I'm leaving these united snakes of amerikkka".  They are both Veterans receiving a VA compensation and getting treatment there.  I can tell you that "Caribbean E" (Eric) even has a YouTube video of the VA Facilities and what they offer.  He said they even do Physical Therapy on him for free.  Check out his channel in YouTube and you can definitely send him an email.  This is a good question and will be nice to hear it from one of these two US Veterans.   In my case, I am using Tricare since there are no VA Facilities in Punta Cana yet.  By the way, I think the two facilities there now have some kind of contract with VA but I don't think there are US VA employees.  Thanks!

Wow!!  Thank You!!  It's networking like this that paves the road to happiness. I volunteer for Lions Club International,,  I've done lots of work in the US and Mazatlan. I don't want to live in the Pacific Northwest anymore. I strongly disagree that rioting and looting are an art form,,   Mazatlan Mexico is awesome but it you get sick and go to the hospital they do NOT let you out till the bill is paid,,  that means what ever they can get. I see the Lions are very active in the DR and now I suspect that with VA medical my dreams will come true,,   THANK YOU AGAIN!!  I will get back to you with my findings,,  Gracias Hermano

Bill