India to Berlin - Visa Acceptance rate

I am from India. I newly got job in Berlin. How is the situation at Berlin? Are new visa requests or blue card applications getting approved? Is Travel to Berlin from India allowed?

The situation because of Covid is in constant change. Most people from non-EU countries can not come at the moment, for tourism anyway. Which countries might be exempted, under what conditions and for which purposes one can find on the website of the German embassy or consulate.

I found this information on the site below;

"All travellers from Covid-19 risk countries, such as India, must register on www.einreiseanmeldung.de before entering Germany. A 10 day home quarantine is mandatory. To reduce quarantine time, a negative Covid-19 test, taken not earlier than on the 5th day after arrival, can be presented to the local Health Authority (Gesundheitsamt). Violation of registration and quarantine requirements can lead to a fine of up to 25.000 €."

"Please note: due to ongoing construction work, the visa section of the German Embassy will remain closed from March 29th until April 6th, 2021"

"The German Embassy and our four Consulates General in India continue to constantly balance between health protection of our staff as well as of our customers on the one side and providing as much consular and visa services as we can under those conditions on the other side. Despite these ongoing restraints, the Visa and Consular Sections of the German Missions as well as the offices of our service provider, VFS Global, are gradually expanding the range of services provided.

Here is where we stand at the moment:

Major VFS centres are open for new visa applications in all categories (with the exception of job seeker and language course only). To book an appointment, please visit VFS global website or get in touch with the contact centre: 022-67866013."

https://india.diplo.de/

TominStuttgart wrote:

The situation because of Covid is in constant change. Most people from non-EU countries can not come at the moment....

Even EU citizens are not permitted from entering unless they are resident in Germany.

SimCityAT wrote:
TominStuttgart wrote:

The situation because of Covid is in constant change. Most people from non-EU countries can not come at the moment....

Even EU citizens are not permitted from entering unless they are resident in Germany.

Here is a link to the official German government site that gives the rules and it contradicts your post.

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/einr … oronavirus

It states that unless for a specific area with high infection (areas of variant concern) one CAN presently come from an EU or Schengen state and a few others, which as of today March 6th 2021, include Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea. This is NOT dependent on residency.

Also German citizens and EU citizens, with German residency, can still come from designated high risk regions – but they will have to be tested first and then (almost certainly) quarantine.

Thanks for reply..!
Your reply "Most people from non-EU countries can not come at the moment, for tourism anyway. " does this mean for tourism its not allowed but for business purpose, if health criteria is satisfied and valid justification provided, they are allowing. Is my understanding correct?
Sorry for reiterating same. I just want to make sure I wont waste efforts/money if things are odd.

TagV wrote:

Thanks for reply..!
Your reply "Most people from non-EU countries can not come at the moment, for tourism anyway. " does this mean for tourism its not allowed but for business purpose, if health criteria is satisfied and valid justification provided, they are allowing. Is my understanding correct?
Sorry for reiterating same. I just want to make sure I wont waste efforts/money if things are odd.

Look at the link in my previous post. There can be some exceptions in rare cases for some situations from some places. But at this point nobody is allowed from India unless they have German residency already, get tested and quarantine. Don't read too much into it.

Until further notice you are not going to get a work visa issued.

But keep yourself updated at the sites I already linked to since things are in constant change. And the sites provide contact information so you can inquire about specifics. Better you get information directly from the officials in charge than to expect that anyone on this site can provide comprehensive, updated information on every aspect.