CRNM Ready

Having finally had my interview in Lapa on 19 February after 178 days of waiting, I was told that my CRNM would be ready in 30-60 days.

Decided to check in on the status of my CRNM tonight and found that it was delivered to Lapa on 22 February. That's three days after my interview. Not sure if this is an anomaly, considering the pandemic and all, but I'm not arguing. 

Made the agendamento just now; from the looks of the schedule, they're doing this all day long.  Not even sure if I'll have to actually "wait", as on my last visit the guy out front called for everyone at once who was looking to retrieve documentation, maybe every 10-15 minutes.

Congratulations!   :one

Hi.
I saw also the same thing, went to the office but they told me that it's still in process.
In my process, it shows two options, first (these are two documents, protocol and registration certificate) is ready to be picked up and second is still in process.
They advised me to wait for 3-4 weeks more.
I am sure that it's the same for you too but they can tell much better.

I picked my card up at 1145 sharp!  There were two others doing the same; I just handed over my protocolo, signed for my CRNM and that was that.

It looks to me like they're running smoother than before, with fewer people waiting in line.  The line was actually very short, perhaps 20 in total.

Congratulations

I ll also try again tomorrow. 😉

HaDov wrote:

I picked my card up at 1145 sharp!  There were two others doing the same; I just handed over my protocolo, signed for my CRNM and that was that.

It looks to me like they're running smoother than before, with fewer people waiting in line.  The line was actually very short, perhaps 20 in total.

You've got the new record!  Mine was the fastest I'd heard of before today, and it took 28 days.  Persistence pays, and with a lot of people just giving up because of the scheduling difficulties, there are probably a lot fewer to process at the back end that finally  make it through.  Congratulations again.

Congratulations to you!

abthree wrote:

You've got the new record!  Mine was the fastest I'd heard of before today, and it took 28 days.  Persistence pays, and with a lot of people just giving up because of the scheduling difficulties, there are probably a lot fewer to process at the back end that finally  make it through.  Congratulations again.

Thanks!   If anything, I'm persistent and thorough; I probably only got my original agendamento after having sneaked in twice to talk to them and having emailed them three to four times per week for nearly six months straight.   :lol:  I'm going to venture a guess that you're right about folks giving up, though - the entire crowd today were asylees, passport or visa cases, and when I showed up I was in a line by myself - one person was already at the window when I entered, and the other came in shortly behind me.

Received mine too. Thanks God 😍😍😍

MHSPCZONE wrote:

Received mine too. Thanks God 😍😍😍

Congratulations!   :up:

@GuestPoster302 which state? because maybe some states are more clogged/slow than others in their Crnm process

@abthree can you share any advice that helped you to successfully "navigate the bureaucracy"?
Thanks!1f642.svg
This post is over 1 year old and the person may not be available.
08/14/22 @abthree can you share any advice that helped you to successfully "navigate the bureaucracy"?
Thanks!1f642.svg
- @cobrazil

As the old advertising tagline goes, "the best surprise is no surprise."  Be sure to have the right visa from the Brazilian Embassy in Praia that corresponds with the status you're requesting.  Know what documents you'll need, and have them all with you, up to date, and available.  Make sure that everything except your passport has an apostille.  Since you're Cape Verdean, all of your documents are probably already in Portuguese, so you won't need Sworn Translations; if any are not in Portuguese, get Sworn Translations for those.

Be polite, cooperative, and pleasant.  Officers processing foreigners are human beings, and don't have a lot of good days on the job:  the less friction you create in their system, the more they'll appreciate it, the more inclined they'll be to want to see you succeed, and the faster they'll move you through.