SRRV Holders and the steps to return....

As most of us SRRV holders have been waiting on clear updates, the path to return is laid out... when you can find it.

A Feb 13, 2021 email from PRA states the following:
"Dear Retiree-members,

Mabuhay!

We would like to remind all SRRV holders that you must still need to secure a DFA Endorsement to be allowed entry to the Philippines.

The IATF Resolution No. 98 dated 04 February 2021 stated that holders of valid and existing SRRV will be allowed to enter the Philippines effective 16 February 2021, PROVIDED, an entry exemption document shall be presented to the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival.

In the Bureau of Immigration Revised Advisory dated 12 February 2021, it has been identified that the entry exemption document requested from SRRV holders is the DFA Endorsement. The DFA endorsement is the document that you must secure prior to travelling to the Philippines.

Any SRRV holder who fails to secure the entry exemption document (DFA Endorsement) shall be denied entry by the Bureau of Immigration and shall be immediately boarded in the next available flight to their airport of origin.

In view of the above, all SRRV holders planning to return to the Philippines are reminded to send your letter request to PRA thru [email protected] and attach the following documents
             Biopage of current Passport (with or without the SRR Visa)

             Biopage of Passport bearing the SRRVisa

             Photocopy of the SRRVisa on passport or Bureau of Immigration Order

             Photocopy of your PRA ID Card (front and back) and

             Filled-out PRA Re-entry Request Form
"

The first 3 set of instructions are clear.  However where do you find this "PRA Re-entry Request Form"? 

The form is not a downloadable form and must be accessed via a secure portal that can be found in the PRA FB Advisory.

Without going to FB, that link is:  https://forms.gle/58kNKnEMBZECUTz9A

Make sure you have all info correct as this is a one-shot deal and unless you check/edit it before you close it, you will not be allowed to re-enter your data.  In my case, the permanent residence in the PI has remained the same and is as documented in all of my IDs/PRA docs.  YMMV, if your address has changed from what PRA has on file.

My request is on the way so I will update when there is a new info.  PRA will process our applications to the DFA for endorsement and email us when the DFA endorsement is approved/supplied (via email).  My request is for a planned late May 2021 return (no, I have not booked a flight or reservations for 7 days in Manila yet).

Best to all!

P.S.  My 2nd vaccine is scheduled for the 28th of this month, so let's see how a Covid-19 vaccinated SRRV holder is received.

Hi  Calif-Native,

Trust that you are fine :)

Thank you for your contribution.    :top:

Priscilla

Long time Calif. Looking for advice preparing to make first visit to Philippines not later than June 2021.  Any information is appreciated.
Holla, SirDwight

Since I am not clear on what visa you may hold, if any, I can only give my limited opinion on how to possibly move forward with a tourist visa, if that is your situation.

If you live near a Philippine Embassy or Consulate in the USA (or your country), it may be possible to call/set appointment, then visit for a tourist visa under the following:

1.  You have children there.
2.  Your lady is pregnant there.

All other visa types will come under different guidelines and include SIRV & SRRV types.   It may be possible to submit an interest at PRA to get to the front of the SRRV "new applicant line" if that is an option. 

This can and does change each week so always try to get an update form the Embassy/Consulate near your home.

Thanks Ms P,

I am ok and will have more closure upon return to my home in Tagaytay where the last 7+ years of a happy life was lived.  Thanks so much for the concern!

To All interested in the return via the SRRV:

As I wait for the DFA Endorsed Entry exemption document, there are other steps, post approval, I still must do.  These steps include:

1.  e-CIF (Electronic Case Investigation Form) - This is a new form that must be completed by international travelers online that sets up the COVID-19 RT-PCR swab test for coronavirus, upon arrival ( the test on the 6th day of quarantine).  It will be Php 4,000 in Manila/Clark & Php 4100 in Cebu (as of this posting here in mid Feb 2021).  It seems we must do the form before we fly and pay the fee via cash (in PHP or USD) or credit card (Visa), after we land.

Note;  This is another form that must be completed electronically before landing to clear immigration.

2. Pre-book the accredited quarantine hotel.  I still must confirm if the Tagaytay/Cavite listed Hotels will still allow the quarantine bookings.  Or use Alabang as an alternate. 

This is the source I will use to "fine-tune" my quarantine hotel selection:  https://www.thepoortraveler.net/2020/07 … ne-manila/

Note:  Engaged and married travelers are not allowed to stay together in one hotel room. unless they get a waiver for special cases.

3.  Try to make sure I remain in the "mandatory" vs. "stringent" quarantine category.  This is based on:

"Stringent quarantine is required for all passengers coming from a ‘high-risk' area as identified by the WHO or in case of sea-based overseas Filipinos, those from a ‘high-risk' vessel. It will also be required for any passengers with flu-like symptoms based on the assessment of a health officer at the airport. They will be then required to stay at a stringent quarantine facility until their test results are released.

Mandatory quarantine is for all the other passengers arriving in the Philippines."

All of the above could change by mid-May so this is just a reference.....

Followup #2:   "RESOLUTION NO. 100 Series of 2021 February 18, 2021"

Here is what I get from this latest update for SRRV holders, as sourced from:  https://www.officialgazette.gov.ph/down … 00-RRD.pdf

"The reckoning period of March 20,  2020, in Paragraph B(1) of Resolution No.98 dated February 4, 2021, shall be deleted and the provision shall now read as follows:

1. Effective immediately, the following shall be included/added to the list of foreign nationals allowed to enter the Philippines:
a. Those with valid and existing visas at the time of entry, and who were not permitted to enter the country under previous IATF resolutions; and
  b. Holders of valid and existing Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV) and Section 9(A) visas, provided they present an entry exemption document to the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival.

The foregoing is without prejudice to immigration laws, rules, and regulations such that the Commissioner of Immigration shall have the exclusive prerogative to decide on waiver or recall of exclusion orders for all foreign nationals authorized entry under relevant IATF resolutions, subject to regular reporting to the IATF Secretariat at the end of each calendar month."

Note:  At this juncture, I am not aware of, nor could I find any SRRV only added fees or payments before entering the country.  Of course, we all will go thru the quarantine and have those related expenses.

I paid very close attention to this simple sentence.....  "Effective immediately, the following shall be included/added to the list of foreign nationals allowed to enter the Philippines.

SHALL = Not Optional ....

This is why I have moved forward with the "entry exemption document".   As such, I am not aware of or have been asked for any payments to achieve the above.  It is possible I will receive the exemption in my email in the next two weeks.  In any case, I will post an update every few weeks until I have it or if there is another bridge to cross to get it. 

I do realize that it is also possible the entry exemption document will be dropped (as it is a current left-over SRRV holder requirement), in the near future too.

Followup #3: Received response from PRA today....  Mainly, it reads as follows:

"Dear SRRV members,

This is to acknowledge receipt of the attachments in your email.

Your request for re-entry is under review as it will undergo the usual vetting process by PRA, before forwarding the same to the Department of Tourism as part of our endorsement to them by BATCH.

We cannot accommodate your request IMMEDIATELY due to the HIGH VOLUME/BULK of requests that we are currently receiving relative to the matter on hand.

Please bear with us, because we have been flooded with re-entry requests from our SRRV holders and we can only endorse a few number of persons per batch to the Department of Tourism.

Thank you for your understanding.

SERVICING DIVISION
Philippine Retirement Authority
29th Floor Citibank Tower,
8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City"

An update from the PRA

"PHILIPPINE RETIREMENT AUTHORITY

PRA Circular No. _Col
January 26, 2021
Series of 2021
SUBJECT : ONE (1) YEAR VALIDITY OF PRA I.D. CARD

Cognizant of the importance of monitoring the whereabouts of active members under the
PRA program and the need of annual updating of member's address and contact details,
PRA Circular No. 001 series of 2005 is hereby amended and that validity of the
Identification Cards of retiree-members is now limited to one (1) year.
This policy should be prospective in application and excludes those who have already
been issued the I.D. Cards valid for more than one (1) year.

The Resident Retiree Servicing Department (RRSD) shall be responsible for the
dissemination and implementation of this Circular.
This Circular shall take effect after-15 days following the completion of the registration in
the Office of the National Administrative Register (ONAR) at the U.P. Law Center.
For strict complice.

PHILIPPINE RETIREMENT AUTHOR
CLAIM HE COPY
ADELINE ZOUC
RECORDS OFFICER !I

ATTY. BIENVENIDO K. CHY

CEO/General Manager"

Calif-Native wrote:

We cannot accommodate your request IMMEDIATELY due to the HIGH VOLUME/BULK of requests that we are currently receiving relative to the matter on hand.

Please bear with us, because we have been flooded with re-entry requests from our SRRV holders and we can only endorse a few number of persons per batch to the Department of Tourism.

???
I understand they have many to handle, BUT I don't understand why they don't forward ALL in each batch, which fullfil the demands???!!!

It is possible the process requires PRA to review if the SRRV annual payment schedule is close to the travel date or if the holder has exceeded the date.  This is why I elected to pay 3 years in advance to reduce the trips to PRA.  I think most of us will not want ours batched processed in a group where renewal needs are waiting.

Maybe just another reason for the  "extra special express lane fee" (extra $$$ payment) to be made in the pipeline?
:(

From another expat.  A PRA response to his inquiry about leaving the Philippines and returning.

"We highly recommend to all retiree-members who are planning to fly out of the country to request for re-entry while they are still in the country. Please note that PRA consolidates the requests for re-entry and submits it to the Department of Tourism (DOT) for review, and subsequent endorsement to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) for reconsideration for the issuance of the entry exemption document (EED).
Once issued, the same is sent to the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and back to DOT for information and implementation.
The DOT furnishes us a copy of the EED which we immediately send tru email to those whose names are in that particular batch.
Per our observations, this process takes 4 weeks to 2 1/2 months.
Further, the EED is valid only for ninety (90) days upon issuance.
Hence, we suggest that our retiree-members take note of this timeline."

After much research.. yet another update/set of recommendations.

1.  I will make sure that if my flight is connecting thru another country; that my Covid test is with the 48 hours of the time I arrive in that country (even as a layover flight).  The Philippines does not require we take the test prior to boarding but some airlines do.

2.  I just discovered this little requirement that went in effect November 28, 2020 and it is a tracking app called "TRAZE".   This comes from a company called Cosmotech Philippines and was done in cooperation with the Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) to create the Traze Contact Tracing App.  The requirement is that any person who departs or arrives at airports in the Philippines are required to obtain a barcode regardless of age.  Interesting how BI has not updated any expats on these new PPA requirements.  No.. I kid you not, here is the link:  https://www.traze.ph

I only found this out because of some soft plans I have with my vehicle that may require Coast Guard approval to travel to a near island by RORO. 

My app installation - After installing..... and loading my pic,  I found the app to be ok.  I used my SMART cell number (that I have on ROAM here in the USA) to register it in the PI.  The website does say a person can get another person to register for them but no word on how to get that QR code sitting on a local's phone to the expat's phone that just landed.  I have seen some SMART SIM cards for sale on eBay but shipping to the USA after about a $20 sale price seems a bit "last resort".

Note: When the traze is started the user has two options.  To "TRAZE ME" or to "TRACE QR CODE".  By selecting the "TRACE ME", my photo, special TRAZE ID number and the QR code is shown.  This is what we will be asked to show in the airport (unless next week, there is another change).

Thanks for the info.  I have had a very hard time trying to find out about the exemption papers that are needed for srrv holders.  I sent an email to the local consulate in houston texas, called them and not had much help at all.  Frustrating.  I have read the new BI regulatoons regarding entry and see that foreigners that are married to a filipia that is residing in country do not need the exemption form as long as they have a vaild visa.  My visa is the srrv.  If i read and understand correctly that if the srrv holder is married to an in country filipia then they do not need the exemption form.  However the question remains if one uses the srrv visa as the visa then does that mean you still have to have the exemption?  Any help is appreciated.  I have not had much help from the Philippines
Consulate here in the usa.  Thanks.

Haven't read anywhere that Married/with children SRRV holders can get home without EED (Entry Exemption Document). Anyone?

Bhamic wrote:

Haven't read anywhere that Married/with children SRRV holders can get home without EED (Entry Exemption Document). Anyone?

As I understood it, having a Visa and /have wife(children in Phils is a REASON to get EED, but the officials "need" to process it anyway, which is/was slow.  The Philipine public service seem to love making permits    :)

That was around two months ago, and things change fast - concerning covid restrictions :)  - sso I don't know what's valid now.

With the following updates, I am looking forward to my DFA Endorsement:

"3) Foreign nationals who are holders of valid and existing Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV) or Section 9(a) visas, provided they present, upon arrival, an entry exemption document issued by the Department of Foreign Affairs."

Source:  https://ph.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

This week I will seek an update on my DFA Endorsement requested nearly 2 months ago.  I may take a chance on booking a one-way return flight to Manila for July, with an option for full refund, so I get ahead of the big demand that will start.

SRRV Application Updates:  For Retirees over 50 who are INTENDING to apply for their SRRV, I have been told this lady is a good resource to get your application started.  She appears to be an authorized agent for PRA and gets her fee from them.  YMMV on any fees to her?  Please contact Mary Rose Baranda, via her email at: [email protected]

Good info Calif.. this DFA endorsement is new to me. I have always traveled to PI on a Tourist visa, which are not being issued currently. However I see they are (eff 5/1) allowing 9A Temporary Visitors visa which I believe is the same thing, only issued in advance. So you request the DFA from the local consulate in US?

Regarding the DFA Endorsement.... It must be processed thru the PRA... they in turn batch process to the DFA.  This will not involve the Philippine Consulate/Embassy at all. 

Regarding the 9A Visa - Although it is the same name as the tourist visa on arrival, it is very limited.  Currently, this is an "Eligible Visa"  but it needs a DFA authorization/endorsement or entry exemption document: 

They are saying it can be issued by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in the person's home country, only for the following:

For spouses: authentic marriage certificate
For children (regardless of age): authentic birth certificate
Must meet the conditions of the IATF-EID, as follows:

-Must have a valid and existing visa at the time of entry unless otherwise stated in the table above
-With pre-booked accredited quarantine facility/hotel for at least 6 nights at the traveler's expense;
-Must undergo RT-PCR testing on the 6th day of quarantine. Non-OFWs and non-Filipinos on PAL flights arriving in Manila will be swabbed by Detoxicare Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory.
-Subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers as set by the National Task Force for COVID-19.

Thanks, as always for your clear information.

For veterans:

As long as you have

1) DD214

2) pension of at least $1,000 USD per month

3) you are at least 50 years of age

(Plus other documentary requirements and government fees)

Then yes, you can qualify for the SRRV Expanded Courtesy and get better rates. Deposit of $1,500 and annual fee of only $10

Best regards,

James S. Biron

Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) Accredited Marketer

Registration Number: 274512660-1810

1422 Eton Tower Makati

Dela Rosa St. corner V.A. Rufino St.

Makati City 1229

Philippines

E: [email protected]

www.visaconsultancy.ph

Dear James  thanks for this info and all who are contributing on this difficult and confusing issue.  I have read all the above, sent emails to pra, without a reply.  My wife was able to go to the office in Makati to at least to renew my SRRV for a year.  What a relief.  However when she asked about the entrance waiver she was told that i had to contact the Philippine consulate in the USA to get that.  This is not what i have been reading above.  Especially from Calif. native who appears to be well informed from his research.  I attempted to call the consulate in Houston ,Texas and only got a recording, and a no answer.  I resent an email asking for their help regarding what is the correct way to get the danged entrance exemptions.  Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.  rainrider9

Hi Rainrider9,

I have found that when a question or need is put in writing to PRA, they most often respond in writing.  What you are doing with your email is the way to memorialize your subject matter with PRA.  I am unaware of any change that requires current SRRV holders to call or contact their nearest Consulate in the home country. 

On February of this year I posted the exact email I received from the SERVICING DIVISION, Philippine Retirement Authority
29th Floor Citibank Tower, 8741 Paseo de Roxas, Makati City.  I received this email after following the exact steps in which my documents were emailed to them (PRA).  I have yet to visit, correspond with or have phone contact with any embassy or consulate here in California, or the USA.

[This before info from emvaningen below  - it was based on PRA office visit that still confusing to me so leaving as is]

Per our observations, this process takes 4 weeks to 2 1/2 months.  BS.

I just into these forums as I looking for intel on the EED

DID YOU EVER GET YOURS? i ASUME NO,

I just back from PRA Makati office, I swear the non answer to repeated questions was effectively that they not gotten any EEDs for anybody that not otherwise have some political relationship/strings to pull.

The issue here is 100% SSRV is a target of investigation for abuse by PRC nationals as way to run illegal POGOs, etc., huge chunk of 36 year old retirees - and if they have 5 year cards, they off the grid...hence I saw all cards are now annual, this EED asking for the order that granted you the SSRV in the first place, etc., etc.,

Opening back up to over 50 to apply is sign that at least that is a threshold they feel confident...

So again I have posted on a couple of these threads and subscribed to the topics as I am def curious as I really can't leave if I can't come back...I can leave if I know the EED is something eventually will happen but right now I not got that feeling...had NO IDEA this was this bad so I thought I was ahead of the game as not intending to leave until end of June....

My gut says at some point they going to act on the older and non-suspicious visa holders, possibly by just saying anybody over 50 not need?  Be a nice way to go as I saw an article in 2015 that said there were already 40,000 retirees in Phil....

As i said elsewhere, i got an EED and hundreds of people got one too.

noted.  Again as they guy making point about EEDs  - I accept that apparantly it is WORKING, but before this posting what i have seen are only complaints about not getting answers and waiting, etc.,

Not sure when batch 15 was submitted so if you know the lists then maybe you can share when that batch was submitted or how many others there are now?

Last week, batch 13 was going to be submitted to DOT. Batch 15 was completed as far as PRA was concerned.

Again you are right about lack of responses. I have seen those complaints on the PRA page on Facebook, and most are real.

However, on various channels, including PRA Facebook, there have been a lot of noise caused by fake accounts (one chinese guy using my old school as a reference, but unable to converse in my language ...). Also same persons (easily traced) have been using different names, just to lie, stir and insults to other people, without making any informative contribution.