Work Permit Unsuccessful

Hi. Does anyone have experience for unsuccessful work permit application and company help to appeal and got successful after that.

There are many such stories in Singapore forum where  employer appealed successfully. But, your employer must have to address the reason of rejection or else appeal will not be successful. Good luck

But MOM won't give the reason of rejection. Thus how is the employer able to address the reason.

In many cases, an experienced employer can guess the rejection reason by knowing all your data and reading the wording of MoM's reply.
The employer can also contact MoM to find out more, although that does not always help.

Hi, mine is 27 Jan 21. Takes about 3 weeks or more. I pray the best for you as well.

Zuey wrote:

Hi, mine is 27 Jan 21. Takes about 3 weeks or more. I pray the best for you as well.

You pass got approved can you tell share the information.
Like position, salary

Mine Applied 19Jan2021 still pending
As of 12feb2021

H0MERSIMPSONS wrote:
Zuey wrote:

You pass got approved can you tell share the information.
Like position, salary

Mine Applied 19Jan2021 still pending
As of 12feb2021

Yes.. likewise.. thanks

Hi Surya, i called up MOM to ask the reason for rejection and it is “I am not eligible to work”. I asked whether it's not eligible to work in SG or the company itself but they are unable to advice. I do also asked if the past employment has any impact on current application but they said it's by Officer case by case. I even asked if I am banned from working in SG permanently but they say NO. I pleaded on how to recrtify the situation of getting rejected always but they say it depends on the company application or appeal.  :(:(

Hi is it ok to call MoM for clearer reason on why the pass is rejected?

jisellemendoza1 wrote:

Hi is it ok to call MoM for clearer reason on why the pass is rejected?

Hi, yes you may call MOM but they will not address what is the exact reason. They will give you like a preset reason and they can't elaborate more because the conversation is recorded and subject to audit.

Hi if your application gets rejected, and you got a new employer, your former reject application will automatically erase or the former employer needs to withdraw it?

After rejection there is nothing to withdraw. Your application can be withdrawn only if it's status in pending or your appeal after rejection is pending.

Note: Avoid sending PM, we encourage all the communications should happen in Singapore forum which would help other expats.

surya2k wrote:

There are many such stories in Singapore forum where  employer appealed successfully. But, your employer must have to address the reason of rejection or else appeal will not be successful. Good luck

Hi Surya, for not eligible to work in SG, do you think because Malaysia is still in MCO? I do not have any past bad record. Only my IPA was extended 2x until it expired and need to leave SG. I do ask also if I am banned but the answer is NO.

Not eligible to work in SG could be a generic statement where MoM is saying that your pass won't be approved.

This could be several reasons such as adverse record, poor credit ratings (failed to pay loan EMIs or financial distress), false declarations or information or any specific condition attributes to this statement. Better start looking a job in Malaysia (for time being). Good luck

Hi everyone,

Last time my work permit was rejected in the month of July'21.

Again my work permit application got rejected on Tuesday (4 th Jan'22). HR applied for an appeal.

I have some questions:

* How can I check the status of my ongoing work permit application in the MOM's website?

* After reading the other posts, I came to know that "appeal" takes time. Now my question is can "appeal" also be rejected after making me wait for a longer period of time?

You can check the status: https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU … yAction.do

I have checked here . However every time it shows Dependant's Pass which I am holding currently.

I have asked my HR to share the work permit no and date of application through which I can check. But it seems she does not want to share it as it is on appeal.

Appeal status can't be checked online, only final outcome is updated, as approved or rejected.

It should reflect REJECTED right?

That's surprising too for me.  HR said it rejected thereafter they made an appeal.

But it's showing nothing means only [[ Depandant's pass approved, which was from my Husband's side.]]

Ask the HR, don't see why they wouldn't share the details with you