Is anyone currently homeschooling in Belize?

My family is preparing to move to Belize and I want to homeschool when we do. 

Is anyone currently homeschooling there?  And do you know what the legal requirements are?

We will be moving to Belize as well, but my son will be completing his online classes for his senior year as we will be "visiting" during his last semester of classes.

I found this: https://hslda.org/post/belize, and I found this as well: https://www.breakingbelizenews.com/2020 … -approved/

Hope that helps.

When COVID-19 came & the schools all went online the Ministry of Education was very firm in saying that homeschooling had rules that must be followed. There were: teacher must be qualified-they are saying colleges educated, be a family member & they were going to be visiting & checking. If a student who was enrolled last year, did not enroll is year, the Ministry would come out to the parent home to check why. In my neighborhood after some research we discovered that myself: 2 Bachelor's of Science in Education & a Master's in Education was NOT qualified to teach the kids in my neighborhood, I can tutor, but not teach. All this being said, in my town we have heard of no visits from the Ministry to parents who have not sent their children to school this year.
Ali

Good morning....yes I am home schooling...please message me if you want to chat

It also states you must be belizen to apply to home school

We now have a signed lease in belize and expected to arrive for the beginning of the school year.
Ia hoping to continue our homeschooling when we arrive.  What hoops do we have to go through? As we currently live in Puerto rico and we have no requirements here when it comes to homeschooling

I am also interested in this question as my children are all homeschooled and we are looking to relocate to Belize.

I think if you are coming in on a tourist visa you are okay to homeschool. If you are on any other visa I would contact your immigration attorney for further information. They would be able to guide you thru the Belize Law relating to your visa & school requirements.

@WendyBelize  is anyone currently homeschooling in Belize?

Interested in homeschooling in Belize too. We have 3 and are looking to move.

@WendyBelize

Hi Wendy, I just found this old post on expat forum and sincerely hope you can help us.

I am a mom of 4 boys starting homeschooling for the first time/year (covid not counting)

I enrolled my 14 and 16 year old boys in Clonlara with a mistaken impression that they would offer online schooling.

Could I please get in touch to get some help setting this up to help my kids and the neccesary regulations?

Kind regards,

Signe Caminada-Numan

We just arrived from the Netherlands