New members of the Ukraine forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ukraine forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ukraine if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Been to Ukraine many times in my US Air Force/Government career. Kyiv, Rivne, Lviv, Poldava, Odessa to name a few.  Was in Kyiv last November and stayed at the Hotel Kozatskiy near the Maiden in Independence Square.  Love your country. I am part Ukrainian/Russian as well. Related to the Czar Nicholas and some other members of importance in Ukraine, but do not know who they were.  I have a wonderful lady who lives in Lviv and hope to return soon to see her and hopefully some day, I would love live there. Wish I could speak the language.  Enjoy Ukrainian cuisine, too!!!
Regards,
Rance A.F.X.E. Nethken, IV
et al(the Baron)

Hi All,
I registered on this board hoping to find a job on abroad of Ukraine what matches my skills.
I will be very appreciate to anyone who can help me with it!!!
Regards.
Sergiy.

Hi everyone , My name is justin from mumbai , India looking forward to come to ukraine to start a new business or invest in one . Any suggestions or offers are welcome !

Hi everyone, or "howdy" as we say back in Texas. I lived in China for seven years and left because of a little incident in Wuhan that some of you may have seen something about in the news once or twice.
Now I'm in Kharkiv, and I'm scheduled for 2 weeks here but I'm looking around to see if I want to stick around for 90 days (I say that because on day 91 you need a visa, and I'm self-employed). Looking to see what can be seen, and I'm glad to be here.

Hello

I am William.  I have been living in Kropyvnytskyi for over three years,  I am retired Electrical Engineer,
but do volunteer work at the local Library 5 nights a week.  I find it difficult to learn the language(s) because everyone wants to use their English and practice with me.  at the Library I conduct the "English Discussion Club" for advanced students

I have a temporary residence card good until 2022.  I think i will extend it even though my business never got going for a variety of reasons.  I have a small pension so I am okay financially.

I am interested in learning about how I should acquire and properly register a car.  And of course properly insure myself and the automobile.  I have been riding the share taxi and have no problems with the system. 

The COVID 19 did catch me and i spent some time in the regional hospital.  Fortunately I did not have a bad case and was discharged soon with a list of medicines a mile long.  This month will be my 5th month since getting out.  I have been tested 6 times after discharge and continue to be covid free!!

I found this forum this morning and want to explore the information and possibilities.

Hope to hear from you!

William

Hello.  I am Keith and arrived in Kiev 3 days ago.  I was living in Siem Reap, Cambodia for 8 months until Covid came.  Then I got my Covid jab in-the-arm back in the USA (home) and then travelled here.  I will be here 3 months, if I behave.  I lived in Japan for 5 years, S. Korea 1 year.  I'm looking to connect with people who get around and talk about what they found in Kiev.  I only speak English.  I've been to Netherlands back in 1984 for 1 week but never to any other European countries, so the language here sounds foolish to me.  I did have a foreign exchange student in the USA live in my home 1 year and he was from Russia (7th grader).  That sums up what I have under the hood.  Hope to meet some of you.

Hi, I will visit Kiev from 1 August. Would like to hook up with fellow South Africans.

Hi everyone
My name is Grace am from Nigeria and already in Ukraine.
My purpose on this forum is to get a job,any openings?

Regard
Grace

Hello,

I am Aida, from the Catalan Pyrenees, and recently arrived to Kiev to be with my boyfriend. Before that I was working as an Ayurvedic therapeut in Istria, Croatia. I am currently interested in trying my luck as a freelance writer and finishing my studies in Chinese Medicine. I would like to meet new people, make friends, learn about the culture and live new experiences. I am interested in art, live music, hiking and nature, cooking, etc.
Hope to hear from you!
Best,

Aida

Hi all

My name is Martin, from the UK, know live near Odesa only a few hundred meters from the black sea. I got married four years ago and moved here at the same time. I have bought a car and obtained a Ukrainian driving licence, the real funny thing was i had to have a provisional for a year (after being a driver for 30 plus years ) well any ways kept it clean and got my full licence, no stopping me know. We hope to travel around the Ukraine and visit many friends in Europe. I find it hard to read or should i say pronounce the Cyrillic so my Ukrainian and Russian is well rubbish but i am still learning. The good thing is my wife speaks pretty good English except when she gets a deaf ear and shouts gobbly gook at me lol.

martin

Hi,

This is Shaikh Khawaja Haseeb Uddin from Pakistan, Karachi. I am a business graduate and I am looking for a good opportunity in Ukraine especially in Kiev.

I am proficient in English language at medium level and hereby looking for a job in management domain where I can enhance my skills and abilities on international level and become a asset to my employer.

Hi, I am Dorina, I've lived & worked in Kyiv since February 2019. I don't know how long i will stay here, but I would like to get to know people, natives as well as expats living in Kyiv.
Oh, I'm French :)

Hello everybody, I hope you're fine.
I am a French who lives happily in Ukraine since five years and is very glad to have opened his Real Estate Agency in Ukraine.
If you're French, English, German, American etc and you want to find a good flat in Ukraine, don't hesitate to ask me advices and informations.

Vincent

Hi from Arizona, USA.
Been trying to make a decision to move to Ukraine but now with the Russian threat being imposed on Ukraine, it may not be a wise decision!!  I am retired from the US Air Force and the US government.  At one time four years ago I had a Ukrainian lady from Rivne but it ended suddenly.  Today, I  was considering moving to Belarus but that idea is not recommended based on the current issues of the Russian/Belarusan debacle.
I have been to Ukraine many times in my military/government career and established a "kinship" with the country.  Based on my cousin, HIRH Prince George Frederich of Prussia, I have a lineage of Russian, Ukrainian, Belarusan, Prussian, Danish, Norwegian, British, Polish and Lithuanian ancestory.  Kyiv, Rivne, Lviv, Poltava, Donensk are some cities I have visited, so I hold Ukraine close to me.  I have been on this site for quite a while but decided to communicate to see if I get a response.  When I last visited Kyiv (2019), I stayed at the Hotel Kozatskiy located very near the Maiden (Independence Square).  A very beautiful part of Kyiv.  I hope to return someday with the intention of making Kyiv my permanent residency!  RSVP if you desire.
Regards,

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi, Felicia here from Singapore.. Will be making a trip to Ukraine for the 1st time but my spouse is very familiar in Ukraine and he will be having a job here..So, here to make friends or any singaporeans as well, so i wont miss home so much :-)

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969437

Thanks!

Closed