Looking for Americans in Croatia

Hello,

I am two years out from retirement and would like to talk to other US expats residing in Croatia. I am especially interested in how you feel about being in the country for longer than three months and how you found a place to live.

I'm English, not American and I don't live in Zagreb or at the coast. I take it that you are considering retiring in Croatia in 2 years time? I certainly have no regrets about retiring to Croatia although in my case matters are complicated by Brexit. I find lots of people speak English and are honest, friendly and helpful. I mention honesty as I also looked at  Bulgaria and encountered numerous dishonest people there! To initially get an idea about property I would suggest you start at njuskalo.hr which is a classified ad. website.

Thanks for the tip. Availability of apartments and affordability are a big item.

Hi Dr Duane - I am also in the same position and timeline - and looking at all options for a home purchase in Croatia. Would like to stay in touch to see what you find. I can Share any info with you as well. If you don't mind me asking -  I'm just curious as to why you choose Croatia? Ian Moore

I need a work permit in croatia any factory job.please help me