Family Moving to Senegal - several questions

Hello, I'm an American married to a Senegalese national.  We have three children ranging from age 4 to 9 and we are planning on moving to the Saly region.  I have a few questions I'm hoping can be answered here:

1.  How comparable is the healthcare system to France or the United States?  Related to this, is there health insurance that will cover me in both Senegal and the United States (or France)?  Or will I need two different plans?  I'm currently healthy but, since I'm over 50, this can become a huge concern.
2.  Do my children and I have to take malaria pills forever or can we just catch it once and then be immune?  In other words, is malaria dangerous enough to avoid catching it despite the side effects of malaria pills used over long periods of time?
3.  When we visited last year, we experienced power outages.  What options are there for backup power we can use if we rent or purchase a villa?
4.  My wife working remotely requires very stable, high-speed internet access; what is the best option? 
5.  Is there an equivalent to Amazon?  It is amazing to me how much we use it (even prior to Covid-19).
6.  If you had to give one piece of advice and could only give one to someone moving to Senegal from the USA - what would it be?
7.  Are there affordable schools in the Saly region you would recommend?  If not, we may choose another region (probably Dakar).

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers - I'm a bit overwhelmed and appreciate any thoughts and suggestions offerred.

Happy to hear we have some new folks coming this way. I'm in the Saint-Louis region but I will do my best to share what I've learned from my experience here so far.
I don't know about the health care system here other than the fact that health insurance is available but I have no clue how to access that.

Orange seems to have  good, reliable internet access.

Gas or solar generators are good ideas for power outages and are readily available here. It depends on what area you are in how often water and electricity go off. Many people live without the back up as it can be cost prohibitive. I've just gotten used to it. What has come in handy is my portable WiFi box which you can use to connect should your main home electricity/internet go out as well as when you're traveling.

If your husband is Muslim, be prepared for the possibility of more wives. Not saying it's going to be your experience, just preparing you for the possibility. Hopefully if that's the case, you already know it. 

Brush up on your Wolof and French if you haven't already.  I was directed to Amazon.fr here but I couldn't find anything they actually delivered here. I admit i didn't look deeply. There's another site that offers a lot of items from the US and elsewhere that does deliver here but I forgot the domain probably because the prices were outrageous.  I'll try to find it and post.

I don't know anything about Saly but I do know that Dakar, being the largest and Capitol city, is most expensive for everything but for those hard to find items, Dakar is your go-to.

I don't take malaria pills. This is my third trip here and I've taken them once out of the 3. Instead I loaded up on wild Artemisia and cinchona bark, both build up the immune system effectively to fight COVID and malaria. I haven't been ill at all since being here.  A friend's 6-year old daughter here did have a 2-Week bout with malaria. She also did not take pills. She lived, with a lot of care and natural remedies from her mother, including turmeric (from the US), wild orange and ginger tonics.  But you can see that it took its toll on both of them.

My best advice is that you come open, ready to experience Senegal in its fullness. Get a car if you like to explore. The cultural differences may be challenging but you will adapt. Your husband may behave differently here because of the cultural expectations. They're real and deep. Be patient with him, your children and yourself.  Watch the company your children keep because some children here are very rough and like to play And fight physically, which your children may not be ready for.  Not knowing the language has its blessings and burdens.  If you have any must have food, snacks, etc... bring an ample supply. 

Sorry to be so long winded. Just sharing.

Thank you so much for your in-depth reply.  As for more wives, I'll let my wife know I'm willing to listen but she has to convince me ;)

My apologies. My bad. I assumed you were a woman. I love your response though. Cute, however your wife may not think so.  I hope a peaceful journey for you and your entire family.