Getting Work Permit - Time consumed for issuance

Dear Joe,
I am planning to move to Cambodia by 1st Jan, documentation hasnt srated and I am from Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka dosent have an embassy and my company need to go through India.
Even Company dosent have a fully fledged branch in Cambodia - Which they are setting up
so Visa processing will be through from Thailand.
Any Idea how long this would take basis your experience?
no one really knows the time taken for a work permit,

Ok, one by one Dajeewz.

In order to enter Cambodia you need to apply for an Ordinary (E) visa, sometimes wrongly called Business visa. The requirements for that are somewhat different, depending on the embassy/consulate.

You have to go to the nearest Cambodian embassy but to be honest you would have the best chance if you contact the London embassy, they are very "human"and cooperating.

Contact them and let them explain the requirements for an Ordinary visa.

If you have a job (highly recommended) your employer has to be a Cambodia registered company.
They provide a letter stating that you work for them (or will start to work for them) and that is in principle enough to get the Ordinary visa to enter the country.

On top you need a negative covid-19 test, health insurance that covers covid-19 (min. $50K) and a deposit of $2000 (best in cash).

Then, after you receive your Ordinary visa, you can book a flight and fly. Frequent routes are through Singapore, Seoul and Taiwan.

Once you enter Cambodia and after 2 weeks quarantine you can start working, use an agent to get an EB (Business) Extension Of Stay (EOS) for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months.
Only after that you can apply for your work permit, you can do that yourself on line or have an agent do it for you for a fee.

I hope this takes away some of your worries and shows you the way to go.

Good luck.

Joe

Yes, right,  I already got my ER and FPCS done in the first few days of being here through an excellent agent who has a solid reputation in the expat community.  I won't mention a name in an open forum but will respond to private messages.

Again lucky you!

Impossible from yesterday on as you don't have your passport during quarantine in a hotel. 

Cheers

Joe.