Open a business

Hi People,  I make motorbike parts in melbourne,  below broke after arsonist and chinese competition, 
thinking to move to cambodia or malaysia for cheaper materials and labour, 

I can get material in PP,  thinking of Kampot for more lower rent and country living, 

I can't really afford to play tourist too much to check things out,  so any advice I can get would be much appreciated, 

I don't get any replies from any cambodian govt. offices i contact,    can I just arrive with moulds under my arm,  rent a place and start working?   do I have to make friends with local cops before I do anything in the area?

I'd like to be coastal,  should I look at places other than Kampot?  would I find local tradesmen there?  like someone painting cars in kampot?    Is the electricity reasonably regular in Kampot?  any guesses how the postal costs are compared with other asian countries? 

any advice would be much appreciated,  regards Simon

Its easy to open a business but the best thing you can do is go there and look around before you bring anything. You may get charged import tax. I know about all this since I have a shop I am opening in PP. If you have never been there you best come and make sure you can get all the materials and supplies you need.
Unless the folks on this blog have a business in PP I would not believe to many posts.
http://www.b2b-cambodia.com

Read that link  I gave you and if you want some more info let me know I have lawyers, suppliers and what ever else you need

thanks!   I'll read the link when I knock off ,  I work on sundays :(

pls have a look at my site  acbike.com.au  it's not complete, but you can see what I make,  I have a lot of orders for my products,  just too damn busy to fill them,  it would be good to have connections with someone in bike trade locally.  I've swapped a lot of emails with a local fiberglass supplier,  his products seem to have the right specs for me, and he's already importing from where I get stuff from in china

where is the link?

it says link under review,  there's a biz in each country with my name on it, try  some w's and acbikes.   com.   au

I've got to pick up a couple of bikes,  I might be able to tag my website to my member deets,   your website doesn't open by the way,

how much did your paperwork cost to start the biz?

Dude you build some badass shit I like these, different from what I build I build mostly URAL, CJ750 and custom solo bikes. You should be able to build some nice bikesLet me know when you move to PP I will be returning the end of September. You should take some time and go have a look around and see what connections you can make.

Thanks!   I'm getting kicked out of my house,  for the 9th time since the fire,  I'm paying 1500 / week,  for an outer suburban old house,    got to be out by nov 15th, 
thinking to put my life in storage, then come over afterwards,    very happy to work in with you if you got something that suits my talents,  swap notes on potential opportunities,

oops,  meant to say 1500 / month rent,  not per week,  but australia really sucks unless you have 70 plus G job / year,  you can't afford to employ anyone because their cost of living is so high

Hi vitamine27,

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Phnom Penh forum.