Apply for US Citizenship

Hi,
     I want to apply for US  Citizenship through marriage please guide me

I recommend looking at the USA site or the Home Land Security/US CBP and other government sites

leviwill wrote:

Hi,

It's so easy compared to the immigration process. The Civics Exam is very simple.  You are given, in English, 10 verbal questions, that is also your English interview. No one can enter this test with you, you are alone.  You have to answer 7 correctly out of these ten.  HOWEVER, you can download the bank of possible questions, all 100 of them, along with their correct answers in advance at any time, directly from the US Government.   I have given free classes for years and ever had anyone fail it!  You will LOVE the swearing-in process! It is a very proud time.
Start here: https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen

It is amazing someone in India, wanting to become a US Citizen, find the information on a Brazil Expat site?  :cheers:

leviwill wrote:

Hi,

This is at least a three step process.

Do you have a spouse who is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and whose permanent residence is in the United States?  If not, you won't be able to do it.

If so, the first step is for your spouse to petition the US Government for an immigration visa on your behalf.  The process for accomplishing this is detailed here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … tizen.html

Follow all links, and read all pages for important information.

If your visa is approved, you will be permitted to relocate to the USA.  After arrival, you will be able to petition for Permanent Residency.   Prior to covid-19, this process was taking several years; thanks to the pandemic, it may be longer.

After receiving your authorization for Permanent Residency  - the famous "Green Card", you will be able to apply for citizenship after an additional waiting period.

Hi leviwill,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Kindly note that i have created a new thread with your post in the USA forum.

Thanks and Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

rraypo wrote:
leviwill wrote:

Hi,

It's so easy compared to the immigration process. The Civics Exam is very simple.  You are given, in English, 10 verbal questions, that is also your English interview. No one can enter this test with you, you are alone.  You have to answer 7 correctly out of these ten.  HOWEVER, you can download the bank of possible questions, all 100 of them, along with their correct answers in advance at any time, directly from the US Government.   I have given free classes for years and ever had anyone fail it!  You will LOVE the swearing-in process! It is a very proud time.
Start here: https://www.usa.gov/become-us-citizen

Your statement is incorrect as far as interview and no one accounting the applicant is concerned. Details about the interview are on uscis.gov.

abthree wrote:
leviwill wrote:

Hi,

This is at least a three step process.

Do you have a spouse who is a US Citizen or Permanent Resident, and whose permanent residence is in the United States?  If not, you won't be able to do it.

If so, the first step is for your spouse to petition the US Government for an immigration visa on your behalf.  The process for accomplishing this is detailed here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel … tizen.html

Follow all links, and read all pages for important information.

If your visa is approved, you will be permitted to relocate to the USA.  After arrival, you will be able to petition for Permanent Residency.   Prior to covid-19, this process was taking several years; thanks to the pandemic, it may be longer.

After receiving your authorization for Permanent Residency  - the famous "Green Card", you will be able to apply for citizenship after an additional waiting period.

K1 aka fiancé - Greencard petition gets filed after marriage within 90 days upon arrival in the US
CR1 aka spouse - Greencard gets activated at point of entry into the US

I just can't fathom why someone would want to immigrate to the US these days, even for a relationship. It's like a black hole.

Mon cher dans la vie  tous le monde a des rêves 
même  toi tu as des rêves  dans se monde où nous vivons  on est  tous des  innocents 
Ya des pauvres aux états-unis comme partout dans le monde   il  ya des américains qui veulent  quitté  l amérique pour  émigrer comme d autres le font

@Massamba beye 

Welcome to the forum.  :)

English please as this is an Anglophone forum. Thank you.  :top:

thank you friend the pleasure is shared

Thanks for your info.  I am stumped.  I am Canadian.  I hold three degrees.  I simply want to move to the USA and work.  It shouldn't be that hard.  I can't seem to get a foot hold anywhere.  I am skilled, experienced, educated and a hard worker who needs a chance..... Are there job recruiters out there who work with folks who require sponsorship?

You better off , hiring a immigration Attorney , professional advice's
is always the best .
Good luck !

Hi,
     Thank you for your support I also research about  US  Citizenship through marriage and I got very useful information about Us citizenship. they provide me very useful information related to Neutralisation, citizenship interview and many other thinks & they also help me toapply for US  Citizenship through marriage. If you are facing citizenship related issue you can easily reach them.

it's so easy compared to the immigration process. The Civics Exam is very simple.  You are given, in English, 10 verbal questions, that is also your English interview. No one can enter this test with you, you are alone.  You have to answer 7 correctly out of these ten.

I do not believe you can request citizenship directly. First you have to apply for permanent residency which is quite costly nowadays. Then after 5 years you become eligible for citizenship. Beware that your country of origin may require you to renounce your citizenship. It's rare, however. China is notable for not allowing dual citizenship. Citizenship is not automatic. You'll have to be a resident for 5 years (you have to be present in the US at least once every year). Then you need to apply for citizenship.

Calgary2California wrote:

I hold three degrees.  I simply want to move to the USA and work.  It shouldn't be that hard.... Are there job recruiters out there who work with folks who require sponsorship?

During Covid and political unrest?   :huh: