How to get divorce in America

Hello . I am moroccan and I am married to a morrocan man . We did 2 marriages . One in Morocco and one in the US. He divorced in Morocco . I want to divorce him in America. How can I do that please?

@kerroutnadia123 Hello, madam. It is unfortunate to hear of couples separated by divorce for many reasons that both parties cannot bear. But life goes on for the better.

Have you tried to reconcile or have you reached the last solution, which is divorce?

@kerroutnadia123

Why is there a problem?  You're divorced in Morocco and American divorce should be relatively easy.   Go to an American divorce lawyer, do your petition and that's it.  Islamic law has already given you a divorce, Western law needs full documentation exactly the same as did the Sharia Law and that's it.

Curious why you think it should be a problem.

Hello everyone,

This thread is now on the USA forum since the question pertains to this destination.

All the best

Bhavna

Hello . I am moroccan and I am married to a morrocan man . We did 2 marriages . One in Morocco and one in the US. He divorced in Morocco . I want to divorce him in America. How can I do that please?
-@kerroutnadia123

In most cases, it is not needed to do another divorce.  You file foreign divorce documents and it usually will be recognized in the USA.

Hi there,

If you're looking to divorce your Moroccan husband in the US, you'll need to consult with a family law attorney who can guide you through the process. However, if you're looking for a more affordable and convenient option, an online divorce service (like this one [link moderated]/

but find that state where you got married) can help you complete the necessary forms and paperwork quickly and easily. Just be sure to research your options carefully and read reviews to find a reputable service that can meet your needs. With an online service, you can complete the divorce process without the need for in-person consultations.

@tchoffosandra me it's been 07 years my file it is not treated

@tchoffosandra me it's been 07 years my file it is not treated
-@mimane #31#

Read post #7 above.  You are off-topic.

@romaniac

Thanks a lot , do you have an Idea  how to do that please ?

@romaniac

Thanks a lot . would you please tell me where to go in the US to do that ? I did the Apostille of the divorce in Morocco already

@romaniacThanks a lot . would you please tell me where to go in the US to do that ? I did the Apostille of the divorce in Morocco already         -@Nadiakerrout123

You can go to the County Clerk's office where you live, but it's really not necessary to "file" it with anyone.   There is no national or even state registry of marriages/divorces.  As long as you have it on hand for a possible future marriage, or to immigrate, or some other legal matter that may require proof of divorce.

Romaniac